Pro Tools Card I/O Latency

Home Forums Products Rackmount Pro Tools Card I/O Latency

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rskaudio
      Participant

Hey there,

Just checking if this is measured/documented somewhere before I start testing it myself. I finally got an extra set of DSUBs wired to my patchbay and was going to start using the H9K Analog channels for extra inserts. Anyone have the ms latency for the various sample rates with a Thru chain?

Thanks!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

We just added a section to the manual that includes information about this that should be useful for you: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/setup/DAWLatencyCompensation.html

rskaudio
      Participant

I measured it at all the sample rates supported in PT and got:

44.1k – .84 ms

48k – .77 ms

88.2k- 1.93ms

96k- 1.78ms

This was using the method described in the link, all values rounded to two digits in case anyone else is looking to program those in.

rskaudio
      Participant

They certainly are incorrect and if you could delete that post that would be lovely.

That was the latency without the AD/DA just through the machine and back. Facepalm.

So much for that being a diversion to mixing, will be back to that once I get the patchbay sorted.

rskaudio
      Participant

All right, so redid these with the XLR Analog I/O. I have a screenshot attached below showing the routing, HW Insert using the Direct I/O on the H9k then routing into a second channel and all times are the closest I could get in the I/O HW Insert Delay Tabs.

Let me know if anyone catches a step I missed, it’s noticeably quicker than using the THRU processing blocks which seems to make sense for me but I certainly could have missed something.

This is with a HD Native card in PT Ultimate

44.1k – .22 ms

48k – .20 ms

88.2k- .55ms

96k- .51msScreen Shot 2021-10-30 at 4.17.55 PM

SonikStrike
      Participant

I measured as Inserts the AES i/o and the Pro Tools Expansion Card and the Expansion Card has way bigger Latency that the AES i/o

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.