Problem: Harmonizing guitar solo in 3rds H7600

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problem: Harmonizing guitar solo in 3rds H7600

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I tried using a few of the diatonic shifter. My song is in the scale of D Major and the main lead is in D minor pentagon if scale. I set the preset accordingly, My problem is that the shifting is inconsistent. Certain notes don’t get shifted at all, and bends don’t appear to shift properly. Help appreciated.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      j20056 wrote:

I tried using a few of the diatonic shifter. My song is in the scale of D Major and the main lead is in D minor pentagon if scale. I set the preset accordingly, My problem is that the shifting is inconsistent. Certain notes don't get shifted at all, and bends don't appear to shift properly. Help appreciated.

Have you played around with different scales (perhaps just D min)?  Also make sure that the quantization is turned down to 0.  If it's up, your bends will not work.  

Also, what specific preset(s) are you trying?  

J20056
      Participant

I found the problem. I was soloing in D Mixolydian and not in D Maj. Now it’s working impeccably except for bends that tend to skip to the next note only once I reach a half or full step. I will look into your last point.

J20056
      Participant

Thanks it worked perfectly. I use DiatonicShift.

So now I have to ask, what does the quantize parameter do, and do I lose quality or else? It sounds great, so I’m happy but just curious.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.