Problem with midi mapping

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problem with midi mapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John01W

Hi, having a problem with midi mapping.

This is a continuation of the fx bypass thread. Parameters are the same on my controller(gcp). I originally did those test with the midi map set to map 1 with the default program offsets(this will select program 100 -199 when I send program changes 0-100)

The test on that thread were bypassing with one fx block loaded(fxa)…so I wanted to test it out on eclipse presets that contain two effects blocks. So I need to test the preset 200-300 range in the eclipse. So I go to setup in the eclipse and set the map parameters to map one with the preset parameter to 0-200 so when I send a program change 05 it is supposed to select preset 205 in the eclipse)…..the eclipse ignores the mapping parameters and still selects preset 105. It's random here too.

I've tried resetting the mapping, and sometimes it will not reset correctly there either(another bug possibly) random there too.

there's more, but I can't get to my eclipse right this second. User error?

Thanks,

John

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can't duplicate this – can you give more information?

Probably a description of how you are setting the maps, and what you see on screen would be helpful.

John01W

Hi, thanks a lot for replying Nick.  I just wanted to select the preset 200-300 range in the eclipse.  My controller only sends 0-128(yes has option to select midi from 00 or 01 style midi devices)…

So I go to eclipse setup, maps, I see that map #1 is selected and leave that.  There you'll see:

( map #) (progchg#) (preset#) <reset map>

Map 1 is default  I put the preset # parameter on 0-200)The (pgmchg# parameter I don't mess with.  It will say 0-200 after I change the (preset#) parameter like I said above.

Am I correct that this will offset program number by 200.  For example I send program change #02 it will select preset 202? 

Also, when putting in a number for the (progchg#) , it will not let you use the keypad to put in the values(it just goes blank if you try to use the keypad).  The (preset#) parameter WILL let you use the keypad to enter values..strange there.

A few times, thinking I would reset the map after I alter it didn't work for me…the reset would not always work after I changed the progchg# and preset# parameters. 

Thanks again for the reply Nick,

Sincerely,

John

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sadly, you are misunderstanding the way the MIDImaps work. It's maybe not very clear.

The MIDImaps allow you to define a program value (PRESET #) for EVERY program change value (PGMCHG #). They do NOT just add an offset to the program change input. Think of each map as 128 slots (selected by program change), where each slot contains a preset.

So, for example, if you want PGMCHG 2 to load PRESET 202, you must set PGMCHG to 2 and set the corresponding PRESET to 202. This will NOT affect the programs loaded by any of the other program change values.

The default values are that MAP1 loads presets 100 to 227, MAP2 loads presets 0 to 127 and MAP3 loads presets 500 to 627. So, to load preset 202, you could select MAP1 and send program change 102. Or, you could make your own choice.

I don't see a problem with using the keypad to enter PGMCHG values.

Again, can't see any problems with RESETMAP. In what way does this not work ?

John01W

Thanks nick, that's a relief. owned the thing since 04 and still am learning something new about it. The manual doesn't lay it out like that. It's way better than an offset then. I'll get back to you after I try what you've said, and I'll retry to duplicate what I said about the reset and keypad entry stuff.

Thanks again Nick….great support from eventide!

Later,

John

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.