Problem with modulate parameter

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problem with modulate parameter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      FranBlan
      Participant

Hello,

I recently ask for help on this forum for synchronising the eclipse with a computer. (now, I think I know how, thanks)

But, before doing anything, we asked me to update my version 3.00 to version 3.51. Now I have the version 3.51.

The problem is a new one with this version. I'm using the song 468 from the bank and I modify it a little bit. Mainly, I change the shape of the modulate signal from sinus to square. Unfortunalty, in the version 3.51 the rythme of this song doesn't work anymore rigth when compare to version 3.00, I don't know why.

If you test the song 468 and simply change the modulate shape to square and increase the BPM to i.e. 139, you will hear the beating oscillating and not be stable… do you have any clue for that problem?

Thanks

Francois

IDeangelis

Hi Francois

we haven't changed anything in preset 468 Electronica, nor in the LFO #1, from V3 to 3.51.

The preset has 4 banddelays frequencies swept by lfo 1. Using square wave is not recommended as the frequecies will jump from min to max and back, across their mod range. You may get some kind of clip if you don't reduce the Q setting. The preset is *meant* to be used with sine wave. Probably you did some other changes before.

If what you are looking for is a more "sample & hold" frequency mod, you could try algorithm 137 or 153 and 154. A nice example is Biomechanica 3, #244.

all the best

I

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.