problem with spdif between TC, 24D and eventide DSP 4000

Home Forums Products Rackmount problem with spdif between TC, 24D and eventide DSP 4000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      midihooker

in the audiosetup, is there anything ells i have to check exept that it should send and receive on spdif channels? SCMS: copy what? searched the manual for some explanation on that but dident find any.. it get recognised in my sound-card prefs and changes sample rate accordingly to my DAW. i will use it as a send/return device in my DAW, when i get it to work that is… any tips??? it gets no audio.. thats the problem..

peter

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't really understand … please read these things before sending them.

Is what you are saying is that you are trying to use the spdif from your dsp4000 to send/receive audio from your DAW ?

Then something gets no audio. What ? What audio should it get ?

midihooker

ok sorry im not use to this forum things.. im trying to use eventide as a digital device controlled from my DAW via send/return and it´s connected to and from my soundcard. the connection seems ok becurse when i change sample rate in my DAW/ableton live, also the DSP-4000 sample rate changes.  i route audio out from my DAW  through SPDIF but still DSP-4000 seems to get no audio. i have posted a simmular post in the TC.electronics forum(my soundcard) so see if it´s something with the soundcard.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

OK. There are various things that you have to do so that your DSP4000 knows that you are sending it spdif.

First, go to SETUP/audio and turn the wheel so that it says "input: S/P DIF". 

Then make sure that the "sample rate" field has the right number, and that it shows "S/P DIF ok".

The MUTE and BYPASS lights should be off.

Select the "Thru" preset for test purposes.

If these are all true, the 4000 is doing all it can, and the problem is probably at the DAW end.

midihooker

ye that was the first i did so it got to be something ells.. ok peace out..

peter

midihooker

and the SCMS out option, what is that? the manual dont tell..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

SCMS (Serial Copy Management System) is a rarely used SPDIF copy protect feature, which may cause some units not to accept the SPDIF output from the 4000. If in doubt, set it to "copy free".

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.