Problems with 5.5 OS

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problems with 5.5 OS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hello

I updated my H-8000 FW to version 5.5. and I have major problems. First of all the EXT LED is blinking continuously, while the sampling rate LED is permanently lit. Clock is set to Internal, all other inputs (AES, ADAT, Firewire) are set to "unlocked".

Second, the driver isn't recognized in Windows XP, at all, despite that fact that it is advertised so. The DICE application refuses to load. Reinstalling the driver didn't do anything.

Third, I installed the DICE driver in a laptop with Windows 7, click on System, then Scan Now, and it says that the Ricoh controller (the Firewire controller that is..) is not compatible with DICE drivers.

Changing the sampling rate from within DICE works but the EXT LED is still lit. Firewire 1 and 2 are set to OK, all other inputs are set to Unlocked. However, Firewire occassionally changes momentarily to Unlocked and back to OK.

Another problem is that the Enable DPC Latency checker is disabled. It says that it requires administrator priviliges to run. I have administrator priviliges, for Christ's sake.

Finally, I got a Blue Screen of Death.

Now, can anyone help?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

ThreeFingersOfLove:

all other inputs (AES, ADAT, Firewire) are set to "unlocked".

This is why the ext light is blinking- if any routed input is unlocked, blinking will occur. Since there are so many possible inputs, it is easy to have things routed without knowing it.

ThreeFingersOfLove:

Second, the driver isn't recognized in Windows XP, at all, despite that fact that it is advertised so. The DICE application refuses to load. Reinstalling the driver didn't do anything.

Obviously it should – please contact support@eventide.com and reference this post.

ThreeFingersOfLove:

it says that the Ricoh controller (the Firewire controller that is..) is not compatible with DICE drivers.

This is may well be the case – some controllers do not work well enough to be supported. Sorry – not much we can do.

ThreeFingersOfLove:

Firewire occassionally changes momentarily to Unlocked and back to OK.

Do you get audio dropouts when this happens ?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Nick

I finally figured out why the EXT LED was blinking: During the update, obviously, the routing has changed from Dual Analog (where it was in ver 5.5.) to something that desperately wanted a digital clock. Changing it back to Dual Analog fixed things again.

Can't you do something about the Ricoh Controller? I also tried two external Firewire cards and no luck.:-(

When Firewire changes from OK to Unlocked there are audio dropouts.

I have also noticed that the clock (the internal clock that is) won't stay at 96000. It sometimes fluctuates 96001 maybe 96002 and back to 96000. Is this behavior normal? If I use an external source to clock the H8000FW using Wordclock, will there be fluctuations again?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

ThreeFingersOfLove:

Can't you do something about the Ricoh Controller

Sorry Yannis, we don't have much influence with Ricoh …

ThreeFingersOfLove:

I have also noticed that the clock (the internal clock that is) won't stay at 96000

Not sure that this means anything – any measurement may always have an uncertainty in the least significant digit. If you are hearing any "pitchy" effects when this happens, that would be another matter.

Using an external source will probably make this reading worse, since the clock will be unrelated. But, again, probably not meaningful.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.