Problems with ENVELOPE module

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problems with ENVELOPE module

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      threiter1

Hello guys,

Maybe this is another issue:  

I have attached the "dynamic strings pad" patch which was designed for the 4000 series. I guess that's been created by Italo. It works perfect for all kinds of guitar.

This patch works as designed on 4000 Units. 

Conversion to 5.3 or 5.5 (same result) to the H8000FW goes well without errors, BUT the envelope module at the beginning of the patch does not work properly. It acts like a kind of "through"-Module, literally doing nothing except letting the audio pass. The level(?)-meters following this envelope module (env ->a_to_c -> hmeter) are  stuck at 50%.

I have checked and compared parameters, audio- and control routing and I can't find any difference between the 4000 version and the 8000 version.

I have attached this patch in 4000 version.

Any Idea?

Thomas

IDeangelis

Thomas

15+ years from now! Who knows what may have changed, files corruption, etc.

Some of those user files may also be incorrect. Here's another version that I created in those days. Dynamic fx were a "work in progress", so many different versions are possible.

This one should work.

best

I

threiter1

Hello Italo,

thank you very mutch for this patch, I like it.

I spent some tome with research and here is what I fdound:

The 8000 5.5 and 5.3 Envelope version seems to be inoperable when wave "0" is selected (that's sine).

When I change the wave type inthe 4000 patch  to "1" (= triangle), then the envelope module of the 4000 patch becomes operable on the 8000.

In order to exclude any potential cause coming from the old patch I have created a simple 8000 patch containing only an envelope module and an ampmod module. Even there the envelope module is inoperable as long sine is selected. If triangle is selected, the envelope module becomes operable.

Could you check this with your setup, please? The simplest way is to load the 4000 patch into the 8000 and change the wave parameter to triangle (1). I have attached it again, this should take only a minute.

Thanks,

Thomas

IDeangelis

Thomas

when an algorithm is loaded in Vsig, the module(s) version(s) is determined by the database used by Vsig. So if you are currently using an H8000 databse and load a DSP4000 preset, Vsig is using an H8000 envelope module, NOT the 4000's.

So, in order to make things right:

-make sure you have a 4000 database in Vsig when editing an algorithm for the 4000.

-the same is tru for the H8000

-save presets as .sig, not .sif. We changed some years ago and there may be some incompatibilities with current Vsig version.

best

I

IDeangelis

it's probably a bug. After you load the preset on the H8000 with sine wave inthe Envelope module, try changing it to Triangle and then back to Sine. It should work. Looks like the module is not correctly updated when the sigfile is compiled.

Regarding the Dynamic String Pad algorithm. It was an attempt to create dynamic selling fx…long ago, when the Dsp4000 was the thing! I don't remember all setails…too many years have passed…but I can say the version with the GATE module works much better to me. I never really liked the way the Envelope module works.

all the best

Italo

threiter1

Hello Italo,

ok, let's forget Vsig and 4000 for a moment.

In the H8000FW (5.5), load an empty patch and  use the patch editor for inserting an envelope module and an ampmod module. Make proper connections and  set parameters to reasonable values.

–> With "sine" the envelope module acts rather like a through-module than e a sine. There is no audible envelope behavior, at least to my ears.  

–> With any setting different than sine the envelope module acts like it should, at least to my ears.

–> If  "half sine" is selected (was not available in 4000), then it acts like 4000 sine, at least to my ears.

If think the default setting of the envelope module should be changed to something different than sine, or, even better, the sine option should be completely  removed since it is not at all musically valuable. 

Thanks,

Thomas 

IDeangelis

Thomas

as I said, if you load the patch you sent me or even the example in the patch editor and change from sine to triangle and then immediately back to sine, it will work…provided you have a threshold of -30 dB or -40. Now the questions are:

-is it the way it works correct?

-the fact it doesn't work upon loading…is it a bug?

I

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.