PROBLEMS WITH LOOPS

Home Forums Products Rackmount PROBLEMS WITH LOOPS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hi,I have serious problems with some presets of the Delay/Loops Bank7,Routing: A-B

with my handy recorder,I've recorder what that comes out from my amps,so that It's possible to listen to the audio result.I've attached a zip folder containig all the audio file examples.

I've drastically increased the Gain and Master volume of my amps,just to bring out the strange sound that comes out.

so,you'll listen to a very high white noise,but focus you attention on the pulsating sound that comes out in the "H8000 Frequency Dsp's noise.mp3" attached file,it is common to all the preset,with THRU preset too.It's like if I listen to the H8000 Dsp's loading in my amps.

the other serious problem is shown in the "Fractal Vortex.mp3" file,as you can listen from the file that I've recorded,every time that I load the preset #710 Fractal Vortex there is a "splutter",an terrific audio popping,sometimes It happens with the #711 Helix Loops.

the other problem is shown in the " 736 4 TRACKER #5.mp3 and presets #734-36.mp3" attached audio file,every time that I load the #734-735-736 presets,starts a regular pulsating /popping noise.With these same presets,sometimes I listen to a strange"chromatic scale"audio on the background,as you can listen on the backgorund of the "734 4 tracker#3 chromatic scale.mp3"file,(try to isolate the hard white noise to listen to it).

the last problem,is with the #725 Reich Loops 2 preset,It happens when I try to slightly change the Ramp 1-4 parameter,the "725 REICH LOOPS 2-RAMP 1-4 PARAMETER.mp3" shows this.

let me know what can I do to sole these problems.

thanks a lot

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

What software version are you using ? Sigh….

Dario

I use the new 5.5 OS,but I had the same problems with the 5.3 OS…

maybe,there could be something of wrong into the new OS 5.5 installing operation? (but I don't think so)

let me know,

thanks so much

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hard to know what one is listening to here. If you turn up the output gain on a digital system high enough, you can hear any number of bad things – one needs to know how it relates to a normal signal level.

You should check your AC power supply (this may be the source of the clicks), and also state whether it happens on all inputs and outputs (including digital).

Dario

hmmm…what do you mean for AC power supply? my H8000 has only a power cable,that I plug into the socket,maybe could the power cable be internally broken?

I'll try to plug my jack cable into the other analog inputs,cause I don't use the digital,at all

also,I'll try to isolate all the undesidered "bad things"  just to pick out only the undesidered audio,clicks,pops noises,ok?

see you later

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

By "AC power supply" I mean the place into which you plug the H8000's power cable.

It is important that you tell us the level of these clicks and pops relative to the unit's maximum signal level (red led on display occasionally lighting). I think it is likely that you are not giving the unit a strong enough signal.

Dario

about the last signal matter,yes,I guess it too,

maybe the electric current/voltage(tension) that I have in my home electrical system,could be too much low,compared to the normal 110/220 V,so the H8000 doesn't "receive" the right voltage and gives these bad bad noises. If i'll understand that this is the reason of my problems, how could I solve it?

about the unit's maximum signal level, I can assure you,that the level of these clicks and pops never go beyond the first green led of the Level Meters display,so the red led hasn't never been highlighted,this is sure.

let me know

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Dario:

If i'll understand that this is the reason of my problems, how could I solve it?

If this is it, you would need some kind of power conditioner or stabilizer. You could try taking your H8000 to another building, which would presumably have a different power situation, and see if it does the same thing.

Dario:

the red led hasn't never been highlighted

I meant that your input signal should occasionally light the red led.

One other thing – I assume that you have the clock (sync) source set to "internal".

Dario

i'll try to use the H8000 with a stabilizer to see if those problems will be solved,

the only strange thing,is the Ramp  parameter 1-4 on the #725 Reich Loops 2 preset,as I told you before,when I slightly change their values,up or down,starting from a zero value,comes out an incredbile bad sound,you can listen to it,in a clear way,into the sound file the i've attached. I don't think that it is caused from an external influence,like the click/pops matters on the other presets,because it only occurs when I act on the Ramp parameter of the #725 preset,it seems to be an internal error of that preset.

about the red led,do you mean that I have to be able to reach the red value with the signal input?sorry,but I didn't understand very well what did you mean about this red led matter,explain me better,if you can

yes,the sync source is set to Internal

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Dario:

about the red led,do you mean that I have to be able to reach the red value with the signal input

The signal should light the red led from time to time, or at least be well into the yellow.

If preset 725 does not work for you, best not to use it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.