problems with Orville after battery replacement

Home Forums Products Rackmount problems with Orville after battery replacement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      electricsound
      Participant

I just performed a (very careful) battery replacement on my Orville, which was working perfectly (other than needing the battery replacement) and after powering back up it is claiming to be a DSP7000 and only allowing “Remote Operation Only”.

I don’t have an EVE/NET and performing the power+8 reset makes no difference, which i have tried multiple times

I did a search of the forum and the only result matches my symptoms – https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/reseviced-orville-now-dsp-7000-i-want-sent-it-you-guys-ug

what can i do?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't actually know what causes this. Things to try:

1) Press and hold SETUP when you see the remote message.

2) Try another battery.

3) Make sure you do the 8 key on the SECOND startup screen, not the first. It should say "are you sure" or similar.

4) Make sure the connections to the audio boards are good – if it only sees one, it may think it is a DSP7000.

5) If all else fails, you'll have to send it in.

electricsound
      Participant

Thanks for the response. After trying all of the above (including putting back the original battery just in case) I am getting the same results. The audio board connectors appear to be hot glued on and all look very tight, and nothing appears to be loose or unseated on any of the connectors or ICs. perhaps i fried a component when changing the battery, though that seems very unlikely. looks like it’s off to service.

pnordin
      electricsound wrote:

I just performed a (very careful) battery replacement on my Orville, which was working perfectly (other than needing the battery replacement) and after powering back up it is claiming to be a DSP7000 and only allowing “Remote Operation Only”.

I’m having the exact same issue with my Orville.  Gets to the powering on.1…100 messge, clicks twice, and screen goes blank.

Can you share what you ended up doing to fix yours?

Thanks,

Paul

I don’t have an EVE/NET and performing the power+8 reset makes no difference, which i have tried multiple times

I did a search of the forum and the only result matches my symptoms – https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/reseviced-orville-now-dsp-7000-i-want-sent-it-you-guys-ug

what can i do?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry  – this is now a rather old piece of equipment, and the problem does not have an obvious solution.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.