Problems with updating my eclipse to the 3.51 software

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problems with updating my eclipse to the 3.51 software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      myqqy

I have been trying to update my eclipse to the 3.51 software- especially because i have not been able to save programs to a compactflash card with the 3.1 software. I purchased the right rs-232c cable from radio shack as recommended by eventide. I purchased the adaptor to work with my computers usb ports. I downloaded the update several times from eventide, and eventually adjusted all of the baud rates as well when the standard settings wouldn't work. Nothing works. It always makes contact, and at the end of the baud setting timer, it just says "failure". I'm very discouraged. Are there any other ideas for how to get my eclipse updated? I have printed out the troubleshooting guide on the eventide website, and have gone over it in detail. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!
      Michael

myqqy

Also- since folks have been talking about the version 4 for the eclipse- does that mean that we would soon have 4.0 software to download, and shouldn't bother with the 3.51 software?  Thanks!

Michael

IDeangelis

HI Michael

we need to have this working so that you will be able ANY OS version.

First thing off, your compact flash card may be incompatible or wrongly formatted. You can check Eclipse forum for previous posts with the useful info on this.

Regarding the update via PC:

-is the USB to serial adapter correctly installed? Thee devices usually have drivers that need to be installed before they can be used.

-Serial port settings should match in both units (Eclipse and PC)- Set them to the following values:

BAUD RATE: try 57600

DATA BIT: 8

STOP BIT: 1

PARITY : none

to make sure Windows stays on these same values, don't just take for granted what the Update Utility shows you. Check these setting in Windows itself. Right click My Computer icon, then click on Properties, click on Hardware, click on Peripherals Management, now find the PORTS (COM and LPT) line and click on the + symbol. Highlight your USB to RS232 device (should be visible here if correctly installed) and right click on it choosing Properties. Port Settings tab will show you the true settings. Just make them as above and make sure Eclipse is set there too!

Try again.

all the best

I

IDeangelis

Also…

-make sure NO internet apps are running on your PC! Shut down email clients, web browsers, P2P stuff….

-you may want to temporary disable anti_virus software too.

-we are aware of possible problems when PDA/Palm devices are installed on a PC, using a serial com. This may not be your case though.

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.