Question About Latest H9000 Update

Home Forums Products Rackmount Question About Latest H9000 Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Driscoll
      Participant

Hi there,

The H9000 just asked me if I wanted to install its newest update. I haven’t yet installed the two prior updates the unit is showing listed. Are these incorporated into the latest update, or should I install the previous updates first?

Thanks,

Ed

gkellum
      Participant
      Ed Driscoll wrote:

The H9000 just asked me if I wanted to install its newest update. I haven't yet installed the two prior updates the unit is showing listed. Are these incorporated into the latest update, or should I install the previous updates first?

You should just install the latest update.  That has everything incorporated into it.

Ed Driscoll
      Participant

Great, thanks. I’m so used to computer updates with warnings along the lines of, “Do not install Update Y if you haven’t yet installed Update X,” that I just wanted to be certain.

Regards,

Ed

brysava
      Participant

Hi, I have 1.0.0 25 ccab614. Is this still the latest update? My update section in preference gives  me a message that could be interepreted that there is no new update available yet, or maybe there, is but there is an error in retreiving it: “No releases found! The list of releases could no be retrieved from Eventide’s server. Error message-An error ocurred parsing the update information received from the Eventide server.”

I’m connected to my computer via ethernet

Thanks

Bryan

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

Hi, I have 1.0.0 25 ccab614. Is this still the latest update? My update section in preference gives  me a message that could be interepreted that there is no new update available yet, or maybe there, is but there is an error in retreiving it: "No releases found! The list of releases could no be retrieved from Eventide's server. Error message-An error ocurred parsing the update information received from the Eventide server."

I'm connected to my computer via ethernet

Thanks

Bryan

We just published release 1.0.0[30], so you should see it in the list of available releases on the software update page.  I just did a quick check on my H9000 and I can see it.  Could there be some kind of proxy or other network device between your H9000 and the internet?  If we can't get it to work, we also publish a USB-installable file that you can use instead.  That hasn't hit the Downloads section of our website yet, but if I can't make that happen soon, I'll just post a link here.

brysava
      Participant

Thanks, good to know about the update! I’m still getting the same error messages re. download. I have the H9k connected to my Mac Pro via ethernet cable. The Mac Pro is getting normal internet service without problems. The H9k shows the ethernet connection to be valid in its network section. I had a similar problem with .25 and Patrick emailed the update, but maybe I should try to get it working like its supposed to.

Thanks

Bryan

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

Thanks, good to know about the update! I'm still getting the same error messages re. download. I have the H9k connected to my Mac Pro via ethernet cable. The Mac Pro is getting normal internet service without problems. The H9k shows the ethernet connection to be valid in its network section. I had a similar problem with .25 and Patrick emailed the update, but maybe I should try to get it working like its supposed to.

Thanks

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

In the meantime, here's a link to the USB installable version:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com-eventide-firmware-releases/h9000-usb-installable-releases/h9000-1.0.0.30.zip

The zipfile has 2 files in it, which you can copy to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (the files should be at the top level of the drive, not in a folder).  Then plug the drive into the H9000 and power it up while holding the check and X keys for a couple of seconds.  The H9000 should boot into update mode and give you instructions.

By the way, do you have "Internet sharing" enabled on your Mac?

brysava
      Participant

Thanks for the link, jbamberg. That worked and now have the new update! I tried loading my sessions at random, and no crashes, which was a problem before. I’ll check the scenes next. I know that was part of the update, so I’m sure those will go smoothly too, now.

No I’ve not got internet sharing enabled–only “cache Icloud content” is activated on the sharing on my mac.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

Thanks for the link, jbamberg. That worked and now have the new update! I tried loading my sessions at random, and no crashes, which was a problem before. I'll check the scenes next. I know that was part of the update, so I'm sure those will go smoothly too, now.

No I've not got internet sharing enabled–only "cache Icloud content" is activated on the sharing on my mac.

It's good to hear you could update successfully using the USB installer.

If you are using one of the Mac Pro's ethernet ports for your H9000, and the other one is connected to your switch or router, you might need to enable internet sharing for the H9000 to be able to use the Mac's internet connection for updating.  If you don't want the H9000 to be connected to the internet normally, you could just enable it when you want to update, and turn it off otherwise.

brysava
      Participant

Thanks jbamberg. I’m only taking one ethernet cable from the H9k into the Mac Pro, and the mac pro gets its internet connection wirelessly. (It all shows up on H9k) I tried (before the update process that worked) enabling the sharing but it made no difference. Do I need to use 2 ethernet cables for this to work (avoiding wireless on the mac)?

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

Thanks jbamberg. I'm only taking one ethernet cable from the H9k into the Mac Pro, and the mac pro gets its internet connection wirelessly. (It all shows up on H9k) I tried (before the update process that worked) enabling the sharing but it made no difference. Do I need to use 2 ethernet cables for this to work (avoiding wireless on the mac)?

Oh, I see.  I would have expected that to work, if internet sharing is enabled.  We'll see if we can reproduce the issue here.

brysava
      Participant

Hi jbamberg

I rechecked my mac’s internet sharing, and even though I’d checked “internet sharing”, after looking at it some more, it looked like there was a more in depth option on the left, making me think that I didn’t really have it on. So I went through all that, checking “ethernet connection” and now the h9k shows the option for updating in its preferences! This setting, however would not allow the emote to connect to the unit. Once I turned internet sharing back off, the emote was fine with the h9k.

Thanks

Bryan

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        brysava wrote:

I rechecked my mac's internet sharing, and even though I'd checked "internet sharing", after looking at it some more, it looked like there was a more in depth option on the left, making me think that I didn't really have it on. So I went through all that, checking "ethernet connection" and now the h9k shows the option for updating in its preferences! This setting, however would not allow the emote to connect to the unit. Once I turned internet sharing back off, the emote was fine with the h9k.

Thanks for checking this out.  It's good that you'll be able to do network updates in the future (although you'll have to change your network settings each time).  We'll add a FAQ entry to help others with the same setup.

brysava
      Participant

Hi again,

I activated my mac pro’s “internet sharing” today just to check on updates, which still works when I do this. But today after de-activating internet sharing on the mac, emote no longer would recognize the H9000, saying “No Device Connected”. I restarted the computer, did a factory reset on the H9k, but still get the same emote message. The other day emote came back on after less than this, but not this time.

Thanks

Bryan

macgee
      Participant

My H9000 is connected to the same network switch as my macbook pro and the H9000 has IP, etc and Emote works over the network however H9000 can’t see updates on Eventide Server.

See screenshots

gkellum
        Participant
        macgee wrote:

My H9000 is connected to the same network switch as my macbook pro and the H9000 has IP, etc and Emote works over the network however H9000 can't see updates on Eventide Server.

I just sent you an email in response to this forum post.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Question About Latest H9000 Update’ is closed to new replies.