Questions about eclipse update

Home Forums Products Rackmount Questions about eclipse update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ruddy

HI, this is the first time i've attempted a software update on my eclipse and i have a couple of questions.

Do i need earlier software updates or does this new one cover all the previous updates. My eclipse is Version 3.0

Also, do i need to unzip this downloaded update before i put it onto my compact flash card ?

Thanks

IDeangelis

You can update Eclipse to the latest OS no matter which older version is running on your unit. No need to install versions "in between".

Yes the files need to be unzipped and directly copied to a CFCard; don't create any folder…just copy them straight to the card.

best

I

Ruddy

Okay! Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Ruddy

Is it unusual for "loading romprog.exe from card" to be on the screen for a long time ?

It's been on for about 20 minutes so far.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are correct to be concerned – it should disappear almost immediately.

The problem is probably the card you are using. Make sure it is less than 4G and is formatted as FAT, not FAT32. 

A new card of less than 1G will probably be FAT. On a PC, you can specify the format type when formatting.

Ruddy

Hi, yeah it was FAT32, not FA. Thanks it's worked straight away now.

It looks like it's finished now. although im a bit unsure that everything's ok .

it says:

"Evenitde software update utility V2.03 (?)

Programming completed. Cycle power"

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you're good to go. Give it a try ..

Ruddy

Yeah, everything's fine. Thanks for the help!

balseiro2007
      Participant

hi, i got a sandisk ultra II cf card 2GB, and i can't upgrade to 3.51, do i have the right card?…thanks and if you know a way to upgrade please do it in detail (im not a computer person)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You don't say why you can't upgrade which makes it hard to help you.

However, a 2GB can be used, but it has to be set up right. There are two "formats" (ways the card can be set up) that might be used. One is called FAT, and is OK. The other is FAT32, which Eclipse can't use at this time.

You must make sure that your card is setup as FAT. On Windows, this is an option on formatting the card.

You should tryand find a local computer person to help you. Otherwise you can order a card from Eventide.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.