Rack mounting H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount Rack mounting H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      shaunp1982

Hi Everyone;

I’m looking to rackmount install my newly purchased H8000FW using the following product:

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/accessories/racks/srk8/

From reading the H8000FW operating manual, it sounds like the unit can be adequately supported solely from the front panel (ie ‘rack ears’) using the four bolts that were supplied within the packaging – is this correct?

Is it possible/better to use some kind of 1U rack shelf beneath the H8000FW, which presumably could provide more ‘uniformly distributed’ support over its base area rather than ‘cantilevering’ it from one end?

Obviously, given the value of the H8000FW, I’d prefer to avoid taking any unnecessary risk(s)…

Thanks in advance and much appreciated, Shaun

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

hi Shaun

Hope you are enjoying your H8000. The front panel bolts are ok for a stationary installation, but you should add back support if the rack is going to be moved. Also, try and allow a bit of space around it for cooling.

shaunp1982

Thanks for the quick response, Nick.

Any suggestions/recommendations on how to provide ‘back support’ – would this typically be accomplished using some sort of proprietary product, or just whatever DIY solution works for the specific application?

Thanks again, Shaun

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        shaunp1982 wrote:

Any suggestions/recommendations on how to provide 'back support' – would this typically be accomplished using some sort of proprietary product, or just whatever DIY solution works for the specific application?

A DIY solution would be indicated. If there is room, I'd stick a 2×4 under the back.

shaunp1982

Thanks Nick!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.