RELEASE of V5.51 Beta SOFTWARE for H7600

Home Forums Products Rackmount RELEASE of V5.51 Beta SOFTWARE for H7600

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eventide is happy to announce the release of V5.51B1 software for the H7600. This contains a large number of bug fixes and new presets, including the TimeFactor(R) and ModFactor(R) algorithms from our popular Stompbox line.

Please see the H7600 support page for download information and Release Notes. Be aware that this is Beta software which may have undiscovered problems – you should be sure to evaluate it carefully before using it for any important gig, tour or session. Also, be sure to read and understand  the Release Notes before installing the software.

prot

Hello,

It's great to see the new update for H7600!! Big thanks.

Unfortunately it does not work correctly here…

I'm using 32MB CF in original Eventide (Viking) PCMCIA adapter. I have bought this card especially for Eventide, and have used it previously with success.

The problem:

Right after update is finished it stops with message „Awaiting contact” with 2 softbutons „restart” and „done”. I was waiting around 20 min – with no change.

If I press „restart” or „done” I get another screen:

„New OS version detected – return to factory defaults? (Will not erase presets) <yes> <no>”

I get the above screen after every power off/on, right after another screen saying „Restarting On… bad info”

after selecting <yes> or <no> the unit seems to work fine with new patches. Till next power off/on.

I have already formatted again the CF card, and repeated the procedure, but the result is the same.

What shall I do with it?

If you need, I have photo of every screen during update and restart.

Yours

Beta tester 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right – my test unit has started doing it. Mysterious – it didn't used to …

We'll look into it and post a new version Until then, the workaround is probably obvious … apologies in the meantime.

DanielH

Howdy! and thanks for making the new os version.

Updated with a 256MB Verbatim CF and I get the same symptoms as Prot described.

Daniel

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Same problem – there is a fault with the code on the Website – we'll put a new one up there tomorrow.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The fixed version is now on the Website – no differences except for a fix to the version number problem. Apologies for any trouble caused.

prot

Big thanks! It works now.

At least in my case, it stops again at the end with "Awaiting contact" info. I have pressed <reset> softbuton and after this all is fine.

Maybe this info shall be add to the upgrade procedure.

Anyway. I'm realy happy with H7600!!

DanielH

TF & MF presets! Sounded very good after a quick testing. Yes

Loaded the fixed beta and it works. The first beta updated some user presets, few of them now wants newer version OS and won't load. It says "created with a newer version" –> ignore/cancel. 

So be sure to have your presets backed up!

There  were some glitches when remote controlling Parameters with "midi group". At first i got it working, but after a while found some behavior:

Midi CC from 0 to127 gave 0.6% to 99.7 or similar type response

Another CC movement made the Program page upper right corner text to scroll thru the Bank names

A third CC knob on my remote tried to load some preset, even when I'm not using Midi maps or program change 

Also noticed:

-4916 DiffuseRoom#24 still needs some looking.

-there's duplicate presets 1116 & 6517 "Omnipressor (R)" and 628 & 5912 "Messing With Stereo"

Thanks again for making this!

Daniel

DanielH

Hi

I have the midi group working again. It seems that setting it up again with my midi-remote helps.

taylor12k
      Participant

reviving an old thread… but i'm getting the same problem trying to update to 5.22

using a CF card i've always used with my 7600.. but now it just says "awaiting contact"….

taylor12k
      Participant

i downloaded and tried re-installing the beta 5.21 software that's still up on the site, which is what my 7600 had before trying to update to 5.22 tonight.. but i still got the AWAITING CONTACT error… (which i didn't get when i originally put 5.21beta on my machine)

the 5.22 install wiped out my time factor and mod factor presets.. during the whole problem with cancelling out of the AWAITING CONTACT..

on the 5.21 beta re-install i chose "restart" after AWAITING CONTACT and i got the time and mod factor stuff back… so it looks like i may be set back to where i was pre-5.22.. but i'm still unable to update to 5.22

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like there is some problem with your card. Try a different one if you can (less than 4GB is best). If that fails, contact support@eventide.com

taylor12k
      Participant

this is a 1gb card i've used for all of my updates.. why would it stop working? but, yeah i'll see if i can find another…

taylor12k
      Participant

i tried 2 different cards, both which formatted (a 1gb and a 2gb, as well as a 64mb card that didn't even format) but still get the same problem… after 5.22 installs i get the connection error screen, then after pressing through various cancel and restart buttons the machine totally freezes up.

trying to go back to the beta again.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.