REMOTE CONTROL PARAMETERS / MIDI GROUP

Home Forums Products Rackmount REMOTE CONTROL PARAMETERS / MIDI GROUP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Audiotistic

Hey Guys

I am trying to set up my EVE/NET Remote for H8000FW to send MIDI info and record parameter automation in Logic.  i have read the UM about MIDI GROUPS and REMOTE CONTROLLING PARAMETERS and PLACEHOLDERS and REDIRECTION but i am just trying to put all the pieces together….below i have 3 inquiries:  

1) if i want to use the EVE/NET as my external controller, the midi in out plugs on it are not fitting tightly….can i just connect midi in out on back of  H8000?

2) In logic do i need to create an external midi track and record enable it then press record to capture automation? i would assume so as this is how i automate my virus C….the sysex data plays alonside the midi track and the audio is printed.

3) Let say as an example i wanted to assign the reverb DECAY parameter to be modulated via the large, main spin knob on the EVE NET…..is this possible? or should i just go MIDI CC route….i ried to assign decay to volume # 7 CC but was unsuccessful….. how would i go about accomplishing this?…..can you please explain step by step and simply….i have read the UM but i need laymens terms please.  thank you

John

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Audiotistic:

1) if i want to use the EVE/NET as my external controller, the midi in out plugs on it are not fitting tightly….can i just connect midi in out on back of  H8000?

Yes.

Audiotistic:

2) In logic do i need to create an external midi track and record enable it then press record to capture automation?

Sorry – this is a question for Mr.Logic – beyond our product knowledge.

Audiotistic:

3) Let say as an example i wanted to assign the reverb DECAY parameter to be modulated via the large, main spin knob on the EVE NET

The wheel on the Eve/Net works the same way as the wheel on the H8000 front panel – it adjusts the currently selected parameter.

To use MIDI instead, look at "Automatically" Selecting a MIDI External Controller" on p.103 of the UM. This should tell you how do do it, but if there is anything specifically that you don't understand, please ask.

Audiotistic

Thanks Nick for your help……so im thinking hit CAPTURE MIDI then move mod wheel (or whatever is external control) ad monitor horizontal bar to see if the control registers?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

That's essentially it … there are further complexities if you want to change the scaling (the amount the value changes for a given MIDI value), but start with the MIDI capture.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.