Roland FC-300 channel select problems with Eclipse. always channel # + 1

Home Forums Products Rackmount Roland FC-300 channel select problems with Eclipse. always channel # + 1

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rosewoodblues
      Participant

This has plagued me off and on so I thought today would be a good day to solve it. Running the Roland FC-300 in standard mode and selecting a preset, say channel 1 actually causes the eclipse to select channel 2. I have worked around this by living with it but I’m sure there is something somewhere that can fix this little issue. Any other FC-300 users out there experienced something similar?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry for delayed reply – I had to do some research.And, I don't have an FC-300.

But, I don't really understand your post. What do you mean by "selecting a preset, say channel 1 " or "select channel 2" ?

Maybe when you say "channel" you mean "Program". In which case, I cannot duplicate your problem (it may be an FC-300 issue).

The FC-300 uses banks, so to simulate it, when I want to load Program #1 I would send Bank Select 0 followed by Program Change 1. On my Eclipse, this does indeed select Program #1 (if it exists).

Note that MIDI problems where MIDI #0 is Value #1 are pretty common, but this does not seem to be the case above.

rosewoodblues
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry for delayed reply – I had to do some research.And, I don’t have an FC-300.

But, I don’t really understand your post. What do you mean by “selecting a preset, say channel 1 ” or “select channel 2” ?

Maybe when you say “channel” you mean “Program”. In which case, I cannot duplicate your problem (it may be an FC-300 issue).

The FC-300 uses banks, so to simulate it, when I want to load Program #1 I would send Bank Select 0 followed by Program Change 1. On my Eclipse, this does indeed select Program #1 (if it exists).

Note that MIDI problems where MIDI #0 is Value #1 are pretty common, but this does not seem to be the case above.

Show More...

Thanks for the replay and I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I did indeed mean “program” as in press pedl 1 to select program 1. I have gone to all CC mode instaed beacuse I”m primalriy using the eclipse these days as a looper in line with some of my echoplexes (yes I am a frippertronics nerd). Thanks for your looking into it and it 

Show Less...
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.