Rounting the presets

Home Forums Products Rackmount Rounting the presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hi, many presets of my unit ( H8000FW 5.5), are  <Summed in, stereo out>, in this case how should  I have to set the IN's of the DSP A and B ?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it is "summed in" it means that it will work with mono or stereo in, to give a stereo out. This is common with reverbs.

How to route it depends on your signal source, but any appropriate routing should do.

Dario

Ok, in my case, my  "Summed in" example  is referred to a preset like the # 6523 TC2290,

this is my general setup:

1) guitar

2) rack guitar stereo preamp

3) Mackie 1604 VLZ3

4) Eventide H8000FW

This is the way in which I route the signal:

from one Output of my guitar Preamp I go in one mixer's channel,from the second Output of my preamp I go straight into the Analog Input 1 of the H8000.

My Mackie mixer has 6 Aux Sends knobs, I utilize  one of these Aux sends to feed the Analog Input 2 of the H8000, So, my Eventide two analog inputs ( 1 and 2) will be feed from a stereo source, the first coming from my preamp Out and the second one coming from the Aux send of my Mixer.

In this scenario, by utilizing an "Analog A->B" or "Analog A||B" routing, I've noticed when if I feed my TC2290 preset with mono, that is only utilizing one guitar preamp or just one Aux send, ( here only One green Led will light up on the left screen of my H8000)

it sounds slightly different compared when it is feed from stereo (Preamp Out + Aux Send simultaneously ) ,I don't know why.

So, my question is: which is the best way to feed a Summed In preset ? should I feed it with Mono or with Stereo source?

Let me know,

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Dario:

So, my question is: which is the best way to feed a Summed In preset ? should I feed it with Mono or with Stereo source?

My answer has to be that it depends on which sound you want. I would probably go on balance for the stereo option, because this will work better with true stereo presets.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.