Routing Utility on OSX

Home Forums Products Rackmount Routing Utility on OSX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      robert
      Participant

Hey all,

downloaded the new Routing Utility application for OSX, but can't get it connected with the machine (h8kfw) over MIDI (the only option on OSX). Tested the MIDI ports in Ableton Live and they look fine. What I do see in the MIDI ports pick list that a couple of port names are duplicated.

Did any of you get it working on OSX?

Cheers,
      Robert 

mjmundy
      Participant

robert, i have the routing utility working on OS X snow leopard, via firewire.  i haven't tried it any other way.

-mike

mjmundy
      Participant

i have the routing utility working on OSX snow leopard over firewire.  haven't tried it with MIDI.

-mike

mjmundy
      Participant

as an update – i had to setup a mac book pro (snow leopard) in place of my usual system and figure this out from scratch.  i have the hardware connected via firewire; no MIDI cabling.  basically took these steps:

• installed the eventide h8000fw software driver & rebooted.
      • confirmed that eventide DICE loads and shows up as a MIDI device in OSX audio/midi setup utility.
      • ran the eventide routing utility, selected the H8000FW device under operations menu
      • in the comms config, selected the eventide dice port 1. 
      • finally, clicked on the "off line demo mode" under operations, which was "checked", then became unchecked and the utility connected to the H8000FW.   perhaps this is the not so obvious step!

good luck

-mike

robert
      Participant

Hi Mike,

that's great news. Could you explain in more detail how you got it working? I have the same setup (Snow Leopard, FW link) and no success.

Maybe you are referring to the MIDI port that comes along with the FW Dice driver? Tried that, but Routing Utility stays in offline mode.

Cheers,

Robert

robert
      Participant

That last step indeed fixed the problem!

Geesh, never thought about it to uncheck it, it looked like an indicator, not a switch, lol.

Thanks Mike!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.