Sample rate mismatch when creating Aggregate device

Home Forums Products Rackmount Sample rate mismatch when creating Aggregate device

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      italiankid44

Hello members,

I just recently updated my H8000FW to V5.5, and installed the necessary drivers…in order to have it work with my Mac OSX 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard) & Logic Pro 9. I'm pretty stoked!

I'm trying to create an Aggregate Device with the Audio Midi Set Up program in the Utilities Folder. The Aggregate Device would include my external microphone & my Eventide Dice, where the external mic would be the Clock Source or Clock Master.

Once I select my external mic & built-in output…everything is fine…but when I select Eventide Dice, I get a little orange triangle that says "Sample Rate mismatch"

I checked out the manual & it says:  "All audio devices used together in a system MUST be synchronized to run at the same sample rate." It then says I can achieve this by Hardware or Software synchronization, but doesn't really delve into it. It seems a little confusing, and I'm not very tech savvy…so I was wondering if anyone could help steer me in the right direction? I'm not sure if I have to adjust the sample rate within Logic…or if it's something I have to do through my operating system in general.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

italiankid44

Update: I was able to adjust the Sample rate in the Audio Midi Setup…so I think I'm all set there. But now I can't adjust my computer's volume. Is that normal?

italiankid44

Update: I was able to change the sample rates using the Audio Midi Set Up in the Utilities folder. Just had to delve a little deeper. So I think I'm all set there. Couple issues though:

My computer's volume is now locked & I can't adjust it. Also, I get really awful feedback in Logic when trying to use some of the pitch shifters. I tested the mic by itself & got no feedback, so I don't think it's the mic. And I already configured Logic to use the Aggregate Device I created…maybe I'm missing something?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.