Sending Audio From Ableton to H9000 USB

Home Forums Products Rackmount Sending Audio From Ableton to H9000 USB

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chidanand
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Sorry for novice question, but I still don’t understand how to send Audio. to the H9000 via usb in Ableton.

Do I need to use the “External Audio Effect Plugin” in Ableton to. route the audio to the H9000 ?

As so far this hasn’t worked. I have the Emote plugin on one audio track and its not muted and is connected all good.

But I still cant seem to send any audio from Ableton to it and receive the effected signal back.

There are many video’s in regards to sending audio to external hardware using the audio outputs and inputs but here we are using USB ?

Any insight on this greatly appreciated.,

Thanks

Will.

headsnack

Hi Will,

The external audio plug-in is the way to go. That being said…

Can you give us a few details of your system such as:

Which operating system are you on?

Are you using another audio interface, if so which one?

Are you trying to use it as an aggregate device (if using Mac) with the H9000?

If not, is the H9000 set as your main audio interface in preferences?

What does your Direct Routing page in emote look like?

In the interim, this video may provide guidance depending on your setup.

John Baylies
      Participant

I have the Emote plugin on one audio track and its not muted and is connected all good. But I still cant seem to send any audio from Ableton to it and receive the effected signal back.

You may be misunderstanding how Emote works. The Emote plugin just controls and displays info about the H9000. The plugin itself doesn’t send/receive audio. You’ll want to use Ableton’s External Audio Effect device for that.

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 12.31.32 PM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.