Setting volume from one Algo to another in parallel in same FX Chain

Home Forums Products Rackmount Setting volume from one Algo to another in parallel in same FX Chain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Essentially I have an FX chain with delay and reverb, to be use as 100% wet. The signal path I want to create is GTR –> DLY –> RVB, or GTR–> DLY or GTR –> RVB.

The last 2 are easy once I have the first as I can mute/bypass either.

The question is how to control the amount of DLY sent to the RVB for the first case. I want the direct output of the DLY to be 100%, but I want to send the DLY to the RVB at say -15dB.

The only way I can think of to make it work it so add a Thru module between the DLVY and the RVB and set the output gin of the Thru to -15bB (and ultimately map this to an expression pedal).

This approach works fine, but I was wondering i there is an easier way given constraint that volume from the direct DLY to chain output needs to be at 100%?

This is a picture of he chain I implemented and it works fine, although it seems a bit vain to use an algo slot for Thru just to control 2 volume connections.

John Baylies
      Participant

The picture did not make it to the post, but I think I understand your issue.

Given the constraint that volume from the direct DLY to chain output needs to be at 100, you will need a Thru algorithm to control the volume from the DLY to the RVB, unless you use one of the 4 to 8 channel delays that have volume controls for each channel, such as #516 "Eight Delays", in which case you could do something like this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.