Several issues I’ve found along the way

Home Forums Products Rackmount Several issues I’ve found along the way

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      vpajerski
      Participant

Hey people,

Got my H9000 about a week ago, so far this thing sounds great!  I spent a couple of days setting it up, matching impedances, levels, etc,  Finally got everything up and running well.  I’m using an Axe FX IIXL for amp and cabs and the 9000 for the rest.  I spend most of my time in Emote vs the front panel, it’s a lot easier, sort of…

So the first question I have is: is there an issues list somewhere?  I don’t wanna report stuff you already know about.  I’m running across some things that are definite bugs, like Emote crashing on start up in standalone mode for instance.

Anyone know of an issues list somewhere?

Jago_Marris
      Participant

There is no list. Eventide have a stock answer. ‘We’ve logged your issue and will get to it as soon as we can’. Given it’s been over a year since the last bug fix I’d suggest you log everything you find.
      share you call refs here. I’ll add mine and maybe others will get involved and we can get a clearer picture of all the issues out there. It’s a shame such a great product is being marred by substandard support.

vpajerski
      Participant

Well, that’s discouraging.

Ok, first one is pedal calibration in the Emote VST is completely broken.  Hit the “on” button and you’ll see pretty much a random number generator.  Seems to work ok directly on the unit though.  Weird.  It’s obviously not seeing the input fro m the pedal.  The percentage monitors go up  and down, and continue even after you hit the “off” button.

I can post more if this is remotely useful to anyone, if not tell me now.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce this once, but I am having trouble reproducing it again. The pedal calibration is working correctly for me in the plug-in, I can turn the calibration on and off, and it isn’t a random number. I’ll try to reproduce this again.

Can you try using VST3 and letting me know if that is better? Also, what DAW are you using?

There is no known issues list, but feel free to report anything you find here. Your feedback is appreciated.

vpajerski
      Participant

BTW, the crash I saw in the standalone Emote session was an SEGV error (memory access error for all the non-programmer types).  If it happens again, I’ll take a screenshot. Should be easy enough to find.

vpajerski
      Participant

I’m using Logic Pro, latest version.  I’ll try vst3, where do I change to vst3?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Logic uses the AU plug-in format. I just tried again using Logic and wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. I’ll continue to test this.

vpajerski
      Participant

Ok. I tried it again and I can’t reproduce it either.

However, when I try to use a pedal in an algo, it doesn’t work.  Try algo 6640 and tell me what you see.  It acts like the expression pedal is an on/off switch.  On the physical unit, things are worse I try to disable the pedal for certain inputs and the UI is garbled. It writes UI elements on top of one another and doesn’t function correctly.  I can try a few more and see what happens. Also the on/off switch on the parameters page is non-responsive (in Emote).

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The 6640 algorithm “MIDI Chorus_Flanger” is based off an old UI from the H8000 that allows different presets or states within the loaded preset called “tweaks”. If you click the “ext tweak” icon, this will automatically map your controller to the “Tweak” parameter, and sending CC values from 1-10 will load recall the ten different states or “tweaks”. This all appears to be working correctly for me.

The “Chorus Swi…” parameter on the left side is simply and on/off switch for the Chorus and what look like a button is not, it’s just a read only parameter. I would instead just use the algorithm bypass switch. Again, this is an old UI so this is sort of a strange implementation of effect bypass that would make more sense on the H8000.

Mapping controllers is much simpler by right-clicking the desired parameter in Emote. On the front panel, from the Parameters view, click the “Quick Map” soft key, move the cursor over the parameter, and then move your expression pedal or controller. Press Quick Map again to exit the mapping menu.

Unmapping a parameter is also easier in Emote, just right-click and select unmap.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

I meant log them with Eventide support. Then you will get a call ref that you can follow up with eventide.
      And build up that list of bugs

for example.

AUD-47553 Emote Data Dump

no way to import data dump into H9000r

AUD-48744 Apple Silicon for Emote
      No Apple silicon support for emote

AUD-51035 Emote session name.
      Bug when saving a session in emote plug-in

alexone
      Participant

96k for all!

I’m really stuck as long as some effects still don’t support 96K! When you add the damn job to simply change the sample rate of the h9000!!!  This sample rate issue drives me crazy. For me there is a serious bug here!

joeydego
      Participant

96k for all! I’m really stuck as long as some effects still don’t support 96K! When you add the damn job to simply change the sample rate of the h9000!!! This sample rate issue drives me crazy. For me there is a serious bug here!

to be fair this is not a bug. It’s a feature you want that has not been added.

alexone
        Participant

So we can remove many interesting algorithms from the list. Because in the workflow, either you have projects with different sample rates (and with the H9000 and windows, changing sample rates is hell) or you forget these algorithms. Either it’s a bug, or you can’t use the H9000 as it’s supposed to be used. But this is not a missing feature.

zengomi
      Participant

What issues must be addressed to make all the algorithms operate at 96k? Is the amount of coding, testing, etc required a roadblock under current staffing? Could ‘rejiggered’ algorithms be released one at a time? Those are a few of the questions Eventide might ask internally.

joeydego
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>A bug implies an installed feature is not acting correctly and needs to be fixed. This is not something that needs to be fixed, it’s something that should be installed.

</p>
      that being said, I really wish updates were more incremental and frequent as opposed to one huge update. Squash a bug? Throw it in a beta and let us install it. We need many bug fixes. Maybe some of them have been addressed but are shelved waiting to be put into the next firmware. The save session name bug? This probably should have never gotten out in the first place past the initial beta but the fact it is, just fix it in a fair amount of time. I understand it’s a small team, but surely Eventide wants its flagship product to shine. As it stands now, it can use a little polish.

alexone
      Participant

I agree with you on the term “bug” I was talking about real issue I have. Session saving as it is now, does not bother me: for me it works.  The fact that some algorithms do not work at certain frequencies really limits me in my everyday work.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.