simple continuous controller panner

Home Forums Products Rackmount simple continuous controller panner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lb1

Something very simple I am trying to do: use a continuous controller to take my signal and pan it from left to right in the stereo field. Toe up is the signal all the way in the left channel only, toe down on the pedal is the signal all the way in the right channel only, sweeping the stereo field as the pedal is swept up a and down. Pretty simple. I want to make sure that the volume is also constant and does not drop as the signal moves left to right, etc. Thats it.

IDeangelis

Hi

panning is preset base. It depends on whaich algorithm you are using. Those offering a PAN parameter will also give you the possibility to patch a CC to it.

The manual has a detailed section about how to assign any controller to a parameter.

As far as level, well…2 channels will always be louder than one. When the signal is in between the 2 extreme L/R positions, its level is obviously changing as this is the way panning works.

all the best

I

lb1

Using the fm panner as beginning algorithm
      I set the CC into which parameter– width? T-Rate? FM Rate?
      Which parameter controls the position in the stereo field, in other words?

lb1

panning is preset base. It depends on whaich algorithm you are using.

>> which one do you suggest for my purposes specifically?

Those offering a PAN parameter will also give you the possibility to patch a CC to it.

>>> FM Panner, strangely enough does not have a PAN parameter– so I guess I can't use it for this? What would be a better algorithm specifically?

In the Eclipse manual under algorithms, under

The manual has a detailed section about how to assign any controller to a parameter.

>>> Know how to do this. Not sure hich is best algorithm, best parameter to put the CC in

As far as level, well…2 channels will always be louder than one. When the signal is in between the 2 extreme L/R positions, its level is obviously changing as this is the way panning works.

>>>> Absolutely. Relative volume is fixed

IDeangelis

I don't know which is your "purpose specifically". There are so many effects in the unit. Need a panning delay? Or…?

FM Panner is an automated panner, controlled by an LFO which can be rate modulated by Envelope (input signal energy). It doesn't offer a L/R parameter that you can remote control.

What you really need to pan?

I

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.