Simple midi foot controller for Eclipse/guitar rig use

Home Forums Products Rackmount Simple midi foot controller for Eclipse/guitar rig use

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dahjem

Looking for any feedback regarding use of a midi controller for my eclipse in a band setting.  Simpler the better as I'm only looking to toggle thru half dozen presets and bypass functions.  I actually prefer NOT to take it out of the home studio…but everything else out there is just…you know…a bridesmaid!  Thank you.

jfcharles

To just toggle through presets during a concert, I would copy the presets in the "correct order", and then just use a temporary switch (like a Boss FS-5U). Connect it to "pedal 1", and in Set-up->external->PGM+, set source to "tip & ring 1".

Add a second one to tap tempo, or add a pedal (like a Roland EV-5) to modulate parameters.

Note that all of the above doesn't even use MIDI. If you want to do more, then a board such as Roland FC-300 will let you do everything, but maybe too much for what you want.

J-F

dahjem

Thanks jf…definitely sounds up my alley.  After searching around a bit, would I get a latch or non-latch or does it not matter?  Boss appears to have a model with 2 switches which could work also?

thanks again

jfcharles

With a momentary (ie non-latch) Boss FS-5U, it works great.

With the 2-switches model (FS-6), it would work as well, since with this model you can choose for each switch if it's momentary or latch.

beatrizita33

I use a Digital Music Corp Ground Controll pedal. They don't make it any more so EBay is the way to go. A 7 pin midi cord with the power supply into the phantom on the backside of the Eclipse. Only 1 cord on the floor to worry about. Lots of banks with 10 patches on each. I only use a couple of banks for different guitars. They are tough and cheap.

DT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.