Snow Leopard H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount Snow Leopard H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lionelred
      Participant

I have just bought it should I update, will my H8000FW work?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H8000FW will not support Snow Leopard until the next software release, due later this year or early next.

In general, many people feel that one should not rush to a new OS – better to wait until the bugs are ironed out and support is widely available. Apart from a desire for the latest shiny thing, there is rarely a compelling reason to update.

IDeangelis

Since Nick is definitely right and Macs can be booted from any internal HD (MacPro) or any external one, you could install 10.6 (and update to 10.6.1 immediately) on an external Firewire 400/800 hard disk and see the new OS growing in time, along with software & driver updates. At the same time keep the current MacHD with 10.5.x for reliable daily use….time will tell when switching will be safe.

I enjoy both system in this way.

best

I

Siem
      Participant

nickrose:

The H8000FW will not support Snow Leopard until the next software release, due later this year or early next.

Sounds interesting! Any new algorithms / features to be excited about in the new software release or will it just be a driver?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not clear yet – currently just driver and bug fixes, but maybe more later.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.