Solved Boss FV-500L dual expression pedal insert cable wiring with H9000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Solved Boss FV-500L dual expression pedal insert cable wiring with H9000

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Goal was to be able to use 4 FV500-L pedals. Using a TRS to 2 TS cable (so-called insert cable) does not work unless you insert the TS cables in the back of the FV500 “to the first click”, as I found out by trying, but clearly not the most reliable as you use the pedals. This gave me the idea to solder my own cable, replacing the TS connectors with TRS connectors, being careful to wire one of them to Ring and the other to Tip. and both grounded. This *works* with the TRS connectors fully inserted in each FV-500.

I figured I’d share the info as these are really great feel pedals and it’s nice to be able to use 4 of them, especially with the new Emote 2.1 coming out that will offer to control a full wet FX chain (via Kill Dry On) from -Inf to 0dB.

J20056
      Participant

Apologies, the above in incorrect. The correct method is to wire both TRS connectors (replacing the TS) to the Tip of such connectors. The original TRS of the split cable is unchanged, resulting in a Tip-Ring and Ring-Ring effective split wiring. This 100% works.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.