Some newbie questions about the H8000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Some newbie questions about the H8000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ddeez
      Participant

Haven't purchased one yet, am very interested tho.

How many separate effects are there in the 8000?  I dont mean how many different presets but how many different kinds of fx that i can edit and toy with?

How many fx can i chain together inside a H8000 at one time? i.e. can i chain 1 reverb after a phaser after a delay etc etc what is the limit?… How many fx can i put together in a signal chain?

That's all i'd like to know for now.  Thanks much in advance!!!

tomylee
      Participant

I would say enough…

its hard to say how many effects you can chain together, but It would be many, I never run out of dsp for what I needed, and I do program some nasty programs…

Just dont expect to realtime control the unit via midi as I found midi implementation to be very below standard, and dont expect to control it with control voltages either, cause the pedal inputs get translated to "control signals" which behave just as sloppy as the unit reacts to midi, very jittery and delay'ee

Apart from that the units rocks.

Maybe they will update the midi stuff and release lots of modules with mod rate or audio rate controllability (in VSIG (the software to patch modules together) there are modules with green and others with blue in/outputs, the green ones are either audio rate outputs, or modrate modulation in or outputs, the blue ones are the mentioned sloppy control signal in/outputs. Which imho are only good for monitoring values and manually controlling levels and parameters, nothing to work seriously with.

Well I know Midi is not a very serious standard anyway, but what almost any synthesizer is able to do with midi and midi control signals, the h8000 isnt, its just below standard and makes me urge even louder for countering this problem, with new optional modrate modules, like a pedal input that you can really feed an analog high spinning oscillator to control some parameters in the h8000 up to audio range, that would be awesome, but for now its just a dream…

Anyway you would have fun, and if you put some pressure on Eventide they probably will even listen and do the right thing to update their machines.

IDeangelis

Hello

the modular nature of the H8000FW allows building an effect in several different ways, from very simple to quite complex. This reflects on DSPs resources usage, making it impossible to say how many effects the unit can run in a single algorithm. It's different from other boxes using pre_allocated resources. Here resources are used to make fx sound at the top notch level. You can easily have a dozen simple fx to 5 rack quality machines in a single preset….and the unit can run 2 of them at te same time.

The variety of fx in this unit is simply stunning. There are thousands of different effects available and still possible if programming Vsig is a choosen way to go.

MIDI CC control of parameters works very fine.

Yes, you can put any effect where you like in the chain, even create series and paralell routings inside the preset.

One thing I'd like you to check out is the MIDI Virtual Racks Presets Library. Refer to the Presets manual; in its very last page there's an accurate description of how these unique_in_the_industry structures are meant to work.

all the best

I

ddeez
      Participant

Thanks a ton for the replies guys!!! I really appreciate it.

ID how many effects come with the box? (not presets but different algorithms).  And how many come with the 7600 ?

Thanks in advance!

IDeangelis

Since a preset is also a specific algorithm (yes!) the count tops at about 2000 in the H8000. The 7600 has less because it's missing the 5.1 presets, being a stereo processor.

all the best

I

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.