some Q:s regarding eclipse!

Home Forums Products Rackmount some Q:s regarding eclipse!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      midihooker

i´ve looked to the bigger brothers and have come to the conclussion that the way i work, i bounce audio a lot so it being one chanlle isent really a problem… also as i like to do midi control with control change messages via DAW and as i understand this is easier with eclipse compared to h8000.

so when doing parameter changes with eclipse from DAW, is it glitch free?

is there any problem using spdif in/out from DAW to soundcard to eclipse and back?

i also like to use the vocoder thing, is the ecplise capable of the same kind of vocoder as h8000?

what about latecy when using spdif?

thanx

peter from sweden

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

midihooker:

i like to do midi control with control change messages via DAW and as i understand this is easier with eclipse compared to h8000

Slightly easier, but not a big difference.

midihooker:

so when doing parameter changes with eclipse from DAW, is it glitch free?

It depends on the preset and the parameter. The more common ones are smoothed, but not all.

midihooker:

is there any problem using spdif in/out from DAW to soundcard to eclipse and back?

No problem at 44.1 or 48k. We don't recommend the use of S/PDIF at higher sample rates.

midihooker:

i also like to use the vocoder thing, is the ecplise capable of the same kind of vocoder as h8000?

They are different machines so do not have the same presets. The Eclipse has some vocoder functions.

midihooker:

what about latecy when using spdif

None especially – anything the Eclipse introduces will be probably much less that that in your DAW.

midihooker

thanx a lot for your reply!

It depends on the preset and the parameter. The more common ones are smoothed, but not all.

my favorite parameter to control is the speed/rate of the delay time, for that bouncing ball effect, on every vst i have tried i get ugly crackles. on for instance a old samlper of mien, yamaha A-5000, idont and can change the delaytime from very long to where i almoust get a pitch effect.. this is a affect i do alot. i understand if you dont now how it responds to this but i ask anyhow.

thanx

peter

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Delay changes cannot easily be smoothed, as any delay change results in clicks or pitch changes.

To smooth a delay change you really need two delays set to the before and after values, and to crossfade between them to give the delay change. You could write a preset to do this on H8000 (skill and experience required !!) but you will understand why this feature is not present on all Eclipse presets.

midihooker

i have looked at the editor and it looks like a modular system, ins and outs. a bit like reaktor and i bet it´s just as fun to use to! it works for the H7600 also right?

also can i listen to the changes while i make presets in VSIG?

is there a wy to download it before i make purchased a unit?

peace..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

midihooker:

it works for the H7600 also right?

right.

midihooker:

also can i listen to the changes while i make presets in VSIG

You make the preset in vsig then download it to the unit. Then, you can listen to it. It's not entirely interactive, more of a two stage process.

midihooker:

is there a wy to download it before i make purchased a unit?

Yes. You should be able to download it from the Web Site. Be aware that there is a bit of a learning curve – it's not for everybody.

midihooker

is this the only way to edit patches?? i mean it´s sounds like hardwork if one only want to assign cc# controlnumber to parameters! or is there a easy edit thing also?

really happy with your fast replys! it´s a expensive unit and need to know stuff before i buy…

peace.

peter

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you just want to add MIDI CC control to a parameter, you can do this on the unit.

The details vary with the unit (see User Manual) but essentially you select the parameter, press and hold a key, and then either enter the MIDI values or use the MIDI Capture feature.

midihooker

love to hear that!

i think i will go for H7600 after all..

thanx for your help man..

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.