Some routing questions

Home Forums Products Rackmount Some routing questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Patill
      Participant

Hey guys,

first of all, THANK YOU for ensuring the Mac compatibility for your programs. It was a huge step into the present time, so THANKS!!!!

So heres my questions. As a mono guitar player I often have the problem, that I can´t hear stereo, quad or octal effects in their full quality, because the output is routed to a diffrent output than mine for my guitar amplifier.

For example

1. if I wanna play Ballerina 24 by Steve Vai, I can´t use only one Shift Delay effect with two delays, because I can only hear one. I always have to load both DSPs wich is a total waste of power…

2. if I have eight delays that are routed to eight outputs, means I´d have to buy me eight more amplifiers to hear them^^. I can only hear one which is very ineffective.

I´d like now to put all DSP outputs to Analog 1 out to be able to hear every single effect, but it seems this is not possible, since only one output can be put to one "Main Out" Input. Is there any possibility to do that anyway?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Still more Mac stuff to come, just as soon as we learn how to do it ..

You can send 2 signals to each Main Output (they are added). To go beyond this, you will need Vsig or VsigX  to add a mixer to the output (fairly easy, once you have it installed).

Patill
      Participant

alright, was also my first thought ;).

Thanks

Patill
      Participant

ok, so here´s another good one:

My routing utility does save something completely diffrent than I tell it to save?? If I connect Analog 1 and 2 to Main In 1 and 2 (only) and click save, it shows me a complete diffrent connection I´ve never made??? And I can´t recall anything that I saved. I´ve never managed to save anything correctly how I made it….

Also, I can´t delete saved routings, where do I do that?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Patill:

it shows me a complete diffrent connection I´ve never made

My guess is that you do not have communication between the computer and the H8000. Look to see if first the BUSY light flashes when you send the H8000 changes, then to the SETUP routing pages to see if anything changes.

Patill:

I can´t delete saved routings

Assuming you mean savedroutings on the H8000 – press and hold he H8000;'s PROGRAM key to get to the saved routings, select the one you want to delete, then hit PROGRAM again to get the <remove> softkey. You cannot remove factory routings.

Patill
      Participant

Hi,

no I don´t have any connection to the H8000 yet. Firewire cable to come soon. Can´t I work with the program and save my stuff and load it to the H8000 later? That was my thought.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – I misunderstood. Are you sure you are using the latest version ? PC or Mac ?

If so, can you list everything you do and everything you see (literally), so I can duplicate what you are doing. I tried starting with a blank screen, connecting analog 1&2 to main as you describe, saving and reloading and it was fine.

Patill
      Participant

I have a Mac and its the latest version.

So when I connect Analog 1+2 to Main in 1+2, then type the name I want to save and then hit save it seems to save it (I´m still able to type the name after hitting save). When I thenclick right to save (like in the middle of nowhere), the whole picture changes. Analog 1-4 are connected to Main in 1-4, AES 17+18are connected to Main in 5+6 and AES 17+18 are connected to Main in 7+8, going the serial routing through the DSPs and connected to various outputs then.

It seems this is not working at all. Any news how I can delete saved routings of mine? I tried so many times, everything is full of trash now…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Patill:

When I thenclick right to save

Not sure what you are trying to do by "clicking right to save."

It all works fine for me – open the app, connect Analog 1,2 to Main 1,2, save as "test", load something else, reload "test" – all is as it should be.

I haven't managed to find where it saves the routing files – I'll let you know when I do.

Patill
      Participant

I´m just clicking next to the save button to exit the typing field :). When I do that, everything I did changes around. And if it doesn´t when I do that, it does when I reload my saved setting. But I´ve never managed to get what I saved…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mysteriously, mine worked fine until I made the mistake of clicking beside the save key, when I got the results you describe.

I'm also concerned by the fact that I cannot find the saved files. I'll look into it and get back to you. Give me about a week.

My initial guess is that something is going wrong saving the files (probably because the destination directory does not exist) and it is just loading a default.

Patill
      Participant

oh ok :).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Our massive software department has swung into action and found the problem – the old stuff was not being fully cleared before loading the new. We'll have a new version on the Web Site in a week or two – watch this forum for info.

There is also a partial workaround – load a very full routing, then "marquee select" the lines by clicking and dragging with the mouse, then use the delete x> key to delete them. This will give you a blank palette upon which you can draw that can be saved and reloaded.

We also found the saved files, so that you can delete them if you want. They are in:

<user>/Library/Preferences/Eventide/EventideRoutingUtility/H8000FW

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.