Sound effects not recording in Cuase

Home Forums Products Rackmount Sound effects not recording in Cuase

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ross

Hello Forum ,

I have been using an Eventide H8000FW for about 6 months and enjoying using various effects with it .  However there is one area I have not been able to figure out so far and that is the "Sound effects "

… example :  5813 Himalayan Heights ( sounds of wind blowing ).."Nothing in , stereo out "

How do I get it to record in Cubase ?  I have tried setting it up as an input bus , an insert , a send , an output bus and various combinations of these and so far have succeeded in hearing the sound but not been able to record it .  ( and I am wondering if perhaps I should be posting this on a Cubase forum rather than Eventide forum ??  …  thanks anyway for any clues though .)

Setup : Mac Pro OSX 10.8.2 ;  Lynx Aurora converters and AES16e cards ;  Cubase 7 ;  Mixers are the software versions from the Lynx AES cards and Cubase.

Thanking You,

Ross

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You're right – this is probably a Cubase question.

Make sure that you can talk to the H8000 as a CoreAudio device as described in the UM. Once this is done and you have the H8000 routing set correctly, the rest is up to Mr. Steinberg.

ross

Thanks nickrose for the reply,

I am actually going to a Cubase product night locally (Hobart Tasmania Australia ) in a couple of days time so hopefully might get some info there on the problem I am having …  thanks for the direction there .

There is perhaps one other area you might be able to give me some insight into .  This issue happens about one time in three that I use Eventide …  it will start up OK but then if I change the preset it will not load and I have to turn off Eventide and restart it and it then works with the new preset …   when this happens I have checked for clocking issues , VST connection issues in Cubase and the sound card settings on the Mac but all seems to be as it should be so I have exhausted all avenues I am aware of in tracking down the problem ( the Mac computer has 6 cores and lots of RAM so I am assuming it is not a limitation of the computer ).  I have made the assumption that since it works sometimes then it must be set up correctly but I also recognise the complexity of computing so it may well still be something I have I have done in the set up .  Maybe you can give me some clues on this ??

Thanking You ,

Ross

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.