Sounds really wierd

Home Forums Products Rackmount Sounds really wierd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Itaiargaman

Dear Italo,

I have a problem with few Shifters presets,

when  i try loading those presest they sound really bad (like robot and glitches)

i was able to solve the problem only after i enter the Patch Edit mode then press on Modify and then Enter.

my IO is Analog a-b(tried all possible io) working on 44.1(tried 48,88,96 as well) software version 5.2,

it happend in the previous software also,

Of coarse i can save those presets after i "fixed" them but i really want that my gear will work properly without any tricks and stuff..

how can i fix this problem?

Thank you very much

Itai

IDeangelis

Hi Itai

first off…

-which are the name and numbers of those presets?

-what kind of audio source(s) are you trying to process? Is a monophonic or a polyphonic source (very important!)?

-were the Calibration parameters (where available) properly set?

-are input levels hot enough…lighting about 4 LEDs?

-what are the "fixes" you added in the Patch Editor?

please let me know!

all the best

I

Itaiargaman

Thanks Italo,

The presets are all Shifters Ultra between 5610-5622

I tried to load a few different sources (mono Female Vocal,Stereo Fem Voc,Mono and stereo Male Voc)

input level- in analog I can see 2 leds(if i change the settings on my RME cards to Hi output Gain I can see 4-6 Leds) but when i changing to digital i can see the LED's at -5dB(almost full).

"what are the "fixes" you added in the Patch Editor?"

well,just enter to the patch editor then press on modify then press the select button,

and then a "pop up" window sais "modifying" and "loading new patch",

it solved the problem but i have to do it every time  i want to launch the preset,

by the why, when doing this "fixing" thing the inputs leds are stuck.(No reaction till I go to "setup">Meter< and modify the input meter again….

please let me know if you need more details,

Thanks

Itai

IDeangelis

Hi Itai

some of the Ultra-Shifter presets are meant to sound "weird". For instance 5610 Robot Voice does … a voice robot.

Other presets need to be used with some attention:

-if you need to alter pitch in specific scales, then use any of the 3 Ultra Diatonic presets. If your needs are relative to the chromatic scale, you could use Ultra Cents or Ultra Interval presets.

-Ultra Shifter is meant to be used *only* with monophonic (vs. polyphonic) vocals tracks. It may sound ok with other sources but it's just beyond its scope.

Your levels seems ok. No need to set your audio interface on High output gain.

For the LEDs after entering/leaving the Patch Editor, we'll have to look into it.

al the best

I

Itaiargaman

Dear Italo,

well,Im not that stupid, 🙂

I NOT talking about the Robot sound,Im talking about for example the 5612 preset(Ultra cents),when i first load this preset I cant work with it because it sounds damaged +distorted+unnatural(in a very strange way)+ like it has a problem and when i enter to the Patch editor and press on modify then press select , it starts to act normal untill the next time im loading the preset.

There is a way that i can send you a demo? WAV with this sound before and after?

Thank you

Itai

IDeangelis

Itai

I was simply making clear how all these presets are supposed to be used. 

You can try updating the unit to te latest OS, V3.5 or/and execute a CLEAR SETUP, from SETUP >Service menu.

Other than this, we have to try to replicate the problem on V5.3, as this is the only OS we currently support.

best

I

IDeangelis

Itai

I have just ended my tests on V5.3.

I was able to replicate all the issues you described. It's definitely a bug we have to look into…for the next OS release.

As for now, there is a work_around. Storing any of these presets after having used the Patch Editor as you described will provide a working copy of the factory presets.

Sorry for the problem….and thsnk you for providing info on it.

all the best

I

Itaiargaman

Dear Italo,

Thank you so much,

I will try to update my OS to the latest version and let you know if there are any changes Regarding this issue.

If it will not work i guess ill just wait for the new OS updtes to come out.

Thanks again

Itai

IDeangelis

Hi Itai

as I explained in my last post, I have tested the latest OS 3.5 and the bug is there too. I also explained what the temporary work_around is….. while waiting for a new OS release.

all the best

I

Itaiargaman

Thanks Italo,

I didnt see your last mail when writing you my last reply, anyway, Thank you

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.