SP/DIF challenges

Home Forums Products Rackmount SP/DIF challenges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jklarsen
      Participant

Hello,

I am having some problems connecting my Saffire Pro 40 with my eventide Eclipse through the SP/DIF connection.

I am using to SP/DIF cables. Saffire has been set to 44.1, internal clock. Eventide has been set to int 44.1 and RCA, the status on the eclipse says "unlocked" and other times "data src err".

Saffire mix control says "sync status" locked.

Do you have any tips or tricks?

Kind regards,

Jan Hyldebrandt

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The fact that you get an "SRC" error suggests that the Sample Rate Converter is enabled – try turning it off. You should not be using SRC in this configuration.

jklarsen
      Participant

I have attached some images, which might show you what goes on.

Src mode is off

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It is really not clear to me what is connected to what and what the sync source is. But, I am concerned by the SRC message, which may suggest a hardware problem if SRC is off.

jklarsen
      Participant

Sorry if it was unclear.

The saffire pro 40 is connected to the eclipse via the RCA sp/dif connections, with sp/dif cables.

The saffire clock is set to internal and 44.1 sample rate.

The eclipse is set to int 44.1 and digi-in: RCA.

The ext light keeps blinking on the eclipse, so it must now that it is talking to something, although something is wrong.

If i change the clock rate to 48khz on the eclipse, the saffire interface changes from "Locked" to "no lock", so saffire and eclipse communicates, but something is wrong….

Hopes this helps?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I assume your saffire is both sending and receiving to and from the Eclipse.

But, I see that your Eclipse is set to int44 – does this mean that the Eclipse is the clock master ? This seems unlikely, as otherwise the saffire would track it when you set it to 48.

My guess is that the saffire is the clock master, and thus the Eclipse clock should be set to "DigIn" rather than "int" so it will track it.

jklarsen
      Participant

I have set the saffire clock to "internal" so saffire would be master, and eclipse to int – 44.1.

I have also tried to set eclipse to digin, but that didn't work either….

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you need to have the saffire set to internal and the eclipse set to DigIn. If this does not do it you might want to try changing cables. Keep the SP/DIF one short.

Or, if the saffire has an AES or WordClock output, try using that as a sync source.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.