SPDIF coaxial output

Home Forums Products Rackmount SPDIF coaxial output

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      quinton

Hello,

i'd want to connect my Eclipse to my soundcard using the SPDIF coaxial output. When i do that, it looks like there's no synchronization available in the signal…Do i need to use the wordclock output to feed my soundcard ? This is a Hercules 16/12 FW, with wordclock input/output.

Hoping this is not a too "newbie" question 🙂

Thanks,

Vincent

IDeangelis

Hi Vincent

you can either clock the Eclipse via S/Pdif or using WC.

The easiest is S/Pdif.

Under SETUP > DIG-IN set DIG_IN : RCA then set CLOCK: DigIn

Hz.

best

I

quinton

Thanks Italo, but i want to synchronize in the opposite way : Eclipse SPDIF out -> Souncard SPDIF In, to record the sound going out from the Eclipse. When i try with the Coax. cable alone, my soundcard seems to not d?tect any synchronization source. With another cable Eclipse wordclock out -> soundcard wordclock in, the wordclock synchronization is available, but i still hear nothing but some littles clicks…I've tried anything int the Setuo-Dig-Out menu, without any change. I wonder if my soundcard is actually working properly, but i haven't another gear that can output SPDIF Coax. signal.

Thanks for any idea…

IDeangelis

Vincent

I need to know all settings you use for Eclipse, including sampling frequency and OS version.

Have you tried slaving Eclipse to the card?

I

quinton

Fs : 48kHz (have tried other values)
      SCMS : copy_OK
      Had tried all Cs-TYPE, Emphasis and bits value, just to be shure.

Meanwhile, i've made several tests :

1 – soundcard SPDIF out -> Eclipse SPDIF in : works well !
      2 – soundcard SPDIF out -> soundcard SPDIF in : works well too (SPDIF Coax appear in the synchronisation signals available) ; so my soundcard SPDIF input is not down…

So it seems that it's the Eclipse SPDIF out which brings the problem.

Hoping this is not a harware problem…

Vincent

IDeangelis

Hard to say what the problem is. We would need to have your unit and computer/soundcard……

I assume you are using a true S/Pdif cable.

best

I

quinton

the cable worked well when i made the two tests above. I think this is a good cable. I will try to make more tests someday if i have another audio system with a SPDIF input. For the moment i switch back to analog links…

All the best,

Vincent

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.