Spillover between presets?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Spillover between presets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      eugenelhymn

Hi,

I'm having some issues with swiching between presets, and the signal abruptly cutting out.  Is there an easy way to get presets to blend / spillover into each other, so there is no awkward break in the sound?

IDeangelis

Hi Eugene

Eclipse has a Crossfade capability. This does what you ask for but it's limited to a number of presets that can use it, owed to resources usage. The presets that can be X-Faded show an "X" symbol in front of their names. X-fade is possible between two of them only.

all the best

I

MekanikVarg

Hi,

And with a midi controller (like Roland fc50), it's the same thing I bet ?

I have the eclipse in the fx loop of a triaxis and I need to change of sounds immediately, without break (or difference of level in the sound), is it possible ?

(with my user sounds (0-99)> some of them are the copies of factory presets

(Eclipse v3.5)

Tell me

Regards

IDeangelis

Hello

MIDI controllers won't change the speed of presets changes. Eclipse is quite fast at presets switching. The latest OS V4.01 is even faster.

all the best

I

jfcharles

To crossfade between two presets, the unit must be able to have both of them active at them same time. That's the limitation, so no MIDI control will change that.

IDeangelis

Not really, jf.

Xfades are possible between presets that only use one FX block, that is no more than 50% of the available resources. " crossfade capable presets do not run at the same time.

I

jfcharles

Sorry about the confusing reply. Of course, we cannot load 2 crossfade presets at the same time, but the crossfade function must actually perform both algorithms at the same time during the crossfade time. As far as I understand, that's why each must use less than 50% of the resources.

Anyway, thanks for the clarifications!

IDeangelis

Yeah…there is a "place" where you hear both presets, fading from the old to the new….

…and that may create interesting effects too!

I

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.