Still confused about repurchasing a MAX

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Still confused about repurchasing a MAX

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dajzilla

Okay, I bought a “regular” H9 a year or so ago and then maxed it out by purchasing ALL the algorithms. I actually bought two H9s. I bought the original H9 then the “CORE”

So, I sold them (like an idiot) and now I want TWO H9s again and have BOTH contain ALL the algorithms so what do I need to purchase since I know that I still own all the algorithmns I purchased but that I cannot “max” out a standard H9.

?

What do I need to buy and what needs to take place? 

Thanks so much for clarifying this for me. It seems if I buy a “MAX” pedal that i’m only repurchasing a bunch of stuff I already purchased? Just confused and dont want to spend anymore than I have to.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

gkellum
      Participant

Well, if you want ALL of the algorithms, you'll need to buy a Max again.  We don't have anything in place for maxing out twice, and due to what was probably poor judgement on our part, a Max is not much more expensive than a Standard anyway.

dajzilla

So is what you’re saying is that I wasted buying all those algorithms? 

Because if I buy the “MAX” version, doesn’t it come with ALL the algorithms?

Still doesnt make sense.

So, what if I wanted just ONE H9? Can I buy the “standard” version and download the algorithms I purchased? It seems not since that was some one time deal but…

It still doesnt seem right. After spending all that money that I would have to go back and buy them all again when it said I owned them for life (at least I thought)

If this is the case then I’ll just do something else since you cant use more than one algorithm at a time (which is why i’d be buying two…again lol) but I may as well look a other options ifbuying all those algorithms was a waste.

gkellum
        Participant
        dajzilla wrote:

So, what if I wanted just ONE H9? Can I buy the "standard" version and download the algorithms I purchased? 

Yes, you can.  All of the algorithms that you used to Max your H9 remain in your account, and if you buy a standard, you'll have them for your standard.

The question you asked was, "now I want TWO H9s again and have BOTH contain ALL the algorithms so what do I need to purchase".  That was the question I answered.  If you want ALL of the algorithms, you'll need to buy a Max again.  If you'd be happy just with the algorithms you already purchased to Maxout the H9 you sold, then you could just buy an H9 Core or H9 Standard.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

As Nick pointed out the algorithms that you purchased remain in your account. If you buy a standard, it will become a max if you purchased 20 algorithms. The algorithms included in the standard don’t count towards the 20 that you need. If you buy a core, you need to purchase an additional 30 algorithms. You say you’ve bought all the algorithms but it!s not clear to me how many you actually purchased separately from the algorithms that were in your original standard. This web page attempts to lay this out.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-maxout-program

dajzilla

Oh NOW I understand!

If I want TWO pedals that are MAXED then I would need to buy ONE MAX and then a standard and download all the algorithmns for THAT pedal. BTW, I bought EVERY ONE! I had the original “standard” pedal (this was before Eventide released their two separate versions. So I bought a TON of algorithmns.)

Okay. Thanks so much for the help you guys and sorry about being an idiot. You wrere right, I did ask about having TWO pedals maxed out and not just one.

So, i’ll buy a standard and a Max and then i’ll be all set : )

Wheew… glad I gi=ot this sorted out because I love Eventide and did NOT want to go get a bunch of separate pedals!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.