Still unable to save to Flash card

Home Forums Products Rackmount Still unable to save to Flash card

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      randy15788

IDeangelis;

I did manage to get it to copy to the card,so I thought. The busy L.E.D came on and showed the progress bar loading the programs. But when I pulled up the menu "Free space" it showed the card at 100% (2GB) . Then I went to programs 500-508 it showed those programs to be empty.The Compact Flash card I am using is "A Data" brand. Is it possible that even though the Eclipse sees the flash card it is still is not compatible.

Randy

IDeangelis

HI Randy

there is a possibility your card may be not compatible. The test is simple. Format the card in Eclipse first – formatting is available under SETUP>UTILITY. Then try to save a preset to the card as #500. Use the knob to reach position 500 and check if the preset is there and can be loaded. If it's not there or can't be loadd, then the card is not compatible.

The manual has a list of compatible cards in the very last pages. There is also a list of other cards in one of our technotes on the Eventide website:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Knowledgebase.aspx

In general, you don't need a large capacity card, nor a very fast one.

Standard speed cards like the SanDisk SDCFB 256MB should work fine.

best

randy15788

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

IDeangelis;

I'm new to Eventide but last night it froze up maybe four to five times with the last one asking me to "Discard current Program and load MUTE". I did as the manual states and everything came back ok but isn't that one to many freezes right out of the box. Also when I try to access present 499 it will take a while for the last two "9's to show up before you can access that present. Sometimes I have to go to 480 then scroll up to 499. I know this thing is basically a computer but is it possible I got a lemon.

Randy

IDeangelis

Randy

looks like the card is definitely not compatible.

Please try my earlier email suggestions. If it doesn't behave as described, the card is not good for the unit.

randy15788

I'll order a SanDisk 256 and give that a shot.
      So what you are saying is that an incompatible card can cause Freezes?

IDeangelis

Not necessarily, but you never know.

Make sure you get the SanDisk of the series specified in my email.

I

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.