Switching Sessions via MIDI on H9000R: How?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Switching Sessions via MIDI on H9000R: How?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

My goal is to use a MIDI pedalboard to send Program Change change messages to switch from one session to another.

I found the concept of a Scene in the user manual, but (a) I don’t understand how it relates to Sessions, and (b) I cannot find how to use/activate the Scenes menu from Emote since the H9000R has no buttons.

More fundamentally, am I supposed to use Scenes to switch from one Session to another via MIDI or is there another approach?

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

Scenes functionality is not yet implemented in Emote, so it's currently only accessible on the front-panel H9000.  We recognize this as a top priority for the next major software version so this will be supported for H9000R users as well.

With Scenes, you can't load full Sessions but you can load all 4 FX Chains at once (similar to loading a session, but keeps all the physical IO routing and hardware setup the same).  This can be done via MIDI or an Aux Switch.  Until this feature is available to configure on H9000R, the easiest way to achieve this is just by loading FXChains/Sessions graphically through Emote.

J20056
      Participant

Thank you. Keeping hardware routing obviously key so makes sense.
      Do you have any sense of an ETA, even for a beta release? Asking because I switched to playing guitar in my band, and I will need the ability to switch live and we are discussing upcoming gigs. I already assembled my H9000R in a portable rack unit.
      Also, how fast is it to load 4 FX Chains, and are there any audible clicks?

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:
      Thank you. Keeping hardware routing obviously key so makes sense. Do you have any sense of an ETA, even for a beta release? Asking because I switched to playing guitar in my band, and I will need the ability to switch live and we are discussing upcoming gigs. I already assembled my H9000R in a portable rack unit. Also, how fast is it to load 4 FX Chains, and are there any audible clicks?

It's hard to estimate as this is scheduled for the 1.3 release, and we are currently still in Beta for 1.2 (but we are very close to public release).  We hope to make it available as a beta release as soon as its ready because it is a top priority, but this likely won't be till after the new year.

Loading 4 FX chains can vary depending on how many algorithms are in them, but start-to-finish load time can be up to ~5 seconds to load 4 heavy chains.  We've made sure to eliminate any unpleasant sounds (clicks/pops) but there will be a momentary dropout in audio while the effects are being switched.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.