System Requirements to run Vsig

Home Forums Products Rackmount System Requirements to run Vsig

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      smurphd
      Participant

System Requirements to run Vsig

PC-compatible running Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, or NT4.0.  It requires about 5-20MB of free memory. For MAC support, see below.

below where? i dont see anything

frank

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

To what do you refer ?

smurphd
      Participant

it says For MAC support, see below.

but i dont see anything below that has to do with mac support

sean.e
      Participant

nickrose:

To what do you refer ?

The compatibility tab at the VSIG page has the text he is quoting:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Accessories/VSIG.aspx

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

sean.e:

The compatibility tab at the VSIG page has the text he is quoting:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Accessories/VSIG.aspx

Thanks – I was looking in the wrong place and couldn't find it. Sorry.

Some of the text would appear to have mysteriously dropped off the bottom of the page – I've passed the word on to our massive Web team who will no doubt get to it immediately.

Until then …. Vsig does not currently support the Mac platform, although it can usually be run via Bootcamp on an Intel Mac. People cleverer than I have also had some success using a Windows emulator. An alternative approach is to use Vsigx, which IS a Mac application developed by some noble and illustrious third parties and can be found at www.wholecheese.com/vsigx/vsigx.html. Note that Vsigx is not an Eventide product and is not supported by Eventide.

smurphd
      Participant

then i suggest u correct this, which i quoted from the product description for the h8000fw under features

DIGITAL EFFECTS WORKSTATION- Create your own algorithms

With the H8000FW you will run out of ideas before you run out of DSP power.  With our catalog of over 230 effects modules, you can create effects never before thought of either from the front panel or using the supplied development tools for PC or OS X.  Whether creating your own unique signature effect or dialing up one of our studio standard effects from the plethora of preset-algorithms, you will never run out of creative possibilities.

it does say supplied development tools for pc and OS X. right,and not a  third party developer.using his spare time on this

maybe i misunderstand what is meant by development tool and then im a complete fool,and i take it on my narrow shoulders.

here comes  the rant .

i think its a disaster u dont support your mac customers,its a 5500$ machine which is a bargain compared to what it costs here in eu.and im just a sound geek not making money on music.

the reason i wanted this machine except for the sound, was because you can make your own programs,but without the editor its  like shooting elephants with a softgun or buying a ferrari and only being allowed to sit on the backseat, and i want to do the driving myself, please!! sorry for the lame analogies.

i will check out the vsigx, but i find it completely surreal that i have to turn to a random guy (which have my respect all the way for using his time on supporting your product).do you pay him for this work? if not i think u should.

i would also really like to have the e control as an au.but that´s pure dreaming i guess.and not at all as necesarry as the vsig which i think is a must, to use this machine to its full extent.

windows emulator,oh my god…but thanks for the suggestion anyway.it may come to that one day if you dont make a supported mac editor.

i love the sound of these machines.its out of this world,and i dont want to be rude, just want to say my  opinion.

frank

sean.e
      Participant

Interesting – the home page at wholecheese http://www.wholecheese.com/ states:

"vSigX – Sorry, no longer available"

Maybe that is why the link was removed from the Eventide Vsig page…

jfcharles

Yes, Eventide should definitely get rid of any mention of Mac-support via vsigx on their documentation. They still send flyers that mention vsigx, that should not be the case.

It seems from archives that things work fine on Intel Macs. If you have problem with the serial connection (may happen especially if you are working on G4 or G5 with a windows emulator), it's possible to communicate with the Harmonizers using the Sysex commands (the same that are used by vsig) – works both using the MIDI or serial hardware connection.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.