Tap tempo (from midi) is registering half the tempo I input. Please help.

Home Forums Products Rackmount Tap tempo (from midi) is registering half the tempo I input. Please help.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      griffenstein

Quick preface – many of the effects I rely upon are synced with a tap tempo so it matches up with the band/music.  When I tap, say, ~80bpm into my G-Major from ext. midi source, the internal clock reads my tap tempo, i.e., ~80pm.

I am doing the exact same process with the Eclipse (v4.0) with my Roland FC-300 foot controller.  I assigned the extension of that pedal and I tried with different external midi assignments (ext 1, ext 2, ext 3, etc).  No matter though, because when I tap with the external midi controller at ~80pm, the bpm in the Eclipse will clock at ~40bpm.  This is actually really important to me.  Please help!  Thank you!

-Ryan

griffenstein

Well, I actually figured out why it is registering half the tempo that I input.  My pedal was under the "latching" setting when the Eclipse registers a single beat under the "monetary" setting of the pedal. 

Having said that, is there any way I can set up the eclipse so it can register a beat for a latching pedal instead of a monetary one?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – no. A tap is usually expected to be a momentary.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.