Tap Tempo MIDI Trouble

Home Forums Products Rackmount Tap Tempo MIDI Trouble

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wesardis

Is anyone else out there using their Eclipse with a Behringer FCB 1010? If so, I'd love to know how you got the tap tempo to work. I'm pretty sure I've tried EVERYTHING, and maybe the tap just doesn't  work with the 1010, but if anyone has it working, please tell me how you did it.

Thanks!

simeon
      Participant

i think the eclipse needs a momentary pedal. i don't know whether you can change the behaviour of your pedal board, but it may be operating like a latching pedal

wesardis

That seems to be my best guess at this point. Thanks for the reply.

IDeangelis

As Simeon correctly advices, the Eclipse needs to see 2 transitions between 0 and 65 in the MIDI CC range. Thus a momentary setting for the pedalboard switch is required.

best

I

I ran into a similar problem with the lake butler midi midigator midi remote controller, around 1987. The pedal did everything midi in the extreme, even hex programming in the event of new midi commands, or for entering sysex commands directly, but they forgot one thing, the most basic midi function of them all, a momentary piano type sustain pedal. Fortunately they were an American company also so I didn't have to learn Japanese or something and make a Trans Atlantic phone call. I contacted the designer, there weren't any on line forums at the time, and after discussing the possibilities he thankfully programmed a new ROM update, a momentary function. There are many morals to this story but simply put, thanks Eventide for all the cool stuff, looking forward to Eclipse v4.

Sincerely,

bobbymichigan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.