Tap Tempo using latching footswitch connected to pedal 1 jack

Home Forums Products Rackmount Tap Tempo using latching footswitch connected to pedal 1 jack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      eugenelhymn

How is tap tempo controlled via a footswitch to the back of the eclipse?  What kind of footswitch is recommended?  Is the tapping accurate using this method? 

IDeangelis

*How is tap tempo controlled via a footswitch to the back of the eclipse? 

It's fine!

*What kind of footswitch is recommended?

An unlatch type would be fine

*Is the tapping accurate using this method? 

More than accurate, if your foot is good with time!

best

I

eugenelhymn

So any unlatching pedal via 1/4" to either pedal 1 or 2, and designate tempo source in the setup menu?  Also, I'm currently running 3.51.  All sounds good here? 

Is the footswitch method more accurate than MIDI CC method?

IDeangelis

Better using Pedal 2 as #1 is assigned to presets input levels by default.

V4.0 is out!

The fooswitch might be probably a little faster than MIDI.

best

I

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Italo is right – a directly connected switch will give better tap results than MIDI.

A MIDI connection is always a little "rubbery", but will usually be OK if you have no alternative.

jfcharles

You could use an unlatch switch pedal like a Boss FS-5U, but I would even recommend a Boss FS-6. It's a dual switch pedal, each can be latch or unlatch, and you can connect it with one stereo 1/4inch cable to for instance Pedal 2 of the Eclipse. Then, you can use one of the pedals  (tip 2) as tap tempo, and the other (ring 2) for another function, for instance PGM+ to switch to next preset.

Jean-Francois.

AngelFire

Here's another cool pedal I've run across:

http://this1smyne.com/pedals.html   (E3)

A lot of guys on The Gear Page seem to be using them with their TimeFactors. I've been meaning to order one for my Eclipse but haven't yet. I was imagining PGM+, PGM-, and Bypass but maybe tap temp makes more sense than Bypass… 😉

af

// no personal affiliation with this product – just one I've marked as interesting from others' comments

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.