The available supprted scales on Eclipse and Pitchfactor

Home Forums Products Rackmount The available supprted scales on Eclipse and Pitchfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Thodoris

Hi. Can you tell me the supported scales of the Eclipse, because i didn't find them in the manual.The Pitchfactor  manual says:

Scale/Speed

Selects the scale. The supported scales are: 1.[MAJ]-Major,  2.[min]-Minor, 3. [DOR]-Dorian, 4. [PHRG]-

Phrygian,  5.[LYD]-Lydian, 6.[MLYD]-Mixolydian,  7.[LOC]-Locrian.

The Eclipse is supporting more scales? And which scales? For electric guitar and if the point is only the diatonic shifting(dual guitar solos for excample) which of two is better for live situations? Can Pitchfactor change its presets and settings only with a foot midi controller? Can i place it in a rack drawer and after the extended programming just plug a midi cable and leave it there? Will Pitchfactor be more quick than Eclipse? The only thing i found for it's speed in the manual, is that i can intantly change presets between a bank(two presets).

But if Eclipse has more diatonic scales,maybe i'll think sacrifice this speed.

Keep in mind that the only thing i want is the dual solo thing,with the diatonic note to note playing and fast foot controlling.No need dalays,choruses,flangers,reverbs and difficult programing. But in the Pitchfactor i don't see Aeolian,harmonic minor,natural minor,blues scale,etc.and i play these scales all the time.Has the Eclipse all of them?

I saw in an old Rocktron unit of my friend,called "Intellipitch" that it has these scales:

1.IONIAN, 2. LYDIAN, 3. LOCRIAN,  4.BLUES,  5.WHOLE TONE,

6.DORIAN,  7.MIXOLYDIAN,  8.PENTATONIC,  9.MELOD MINOR,

10.PHRYGIAN,  11.AEOLIAN,  12.BLUES PENT, 13. HARM MINOR.

It powerred by Wave meachanics in the 90's. Why it has more scales than the Pitchfactor? I am sure that ofcourse it hashn't the sound of an Eventide, but how it has more scales? It has more power than the Pitchfactor or something else is happening?

Please, answer me as soon as possible,because i want intelligent pitch shifting on my feet as soon as possible and i don't know what is the right processor for me to buy.In my country(Greece), i don't have the privilege to hear and see something before i buy it(and we have some other problems here as you probably know)

Thank you very much

Teo

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Thodoris:

Can you tell me the supported scales of the Eclipse

0 – Ionian (Root Major)
      1 – Dorian
      2 – Phrygian
      3 – Lydian
      4 – Mixolydian
      5 – Aeolian (Relative Minor)
      6 – Locrian
      7 – Major
      8 – Minor
      9 – Harmonic Minor
      10 – Melodic Minor
      11 – Chromatic
      12 – Whole-tone
      13 – Pentatonic Major
      14 – Pentatonic Minor
      15 – Enigmatic
      16 – Neapolitan
       17 – Hungarian
      Thodoris:

which of two is better for live situations?

Probably the PF, but it depends on what you are trying to do.

Thodoris:

Can Pitchfactor change its presets and settings only with a foot midi controller?

If you have a suitable controller – it will need to send both Program Change and CC

Thodoris:

Can i place it in a rack drawer and after the extended programming just plug a midi cable and leave it there?

In most cases.

Thodoris:

Will Pitchfactor be more quick than Eclipse?

In most cases.

Thodoris

Thank you very very much for the quick replyI!!!!!

I see the Eclipse will be my choice then, but,one more question:Can you write me the supported scales of the H7600? I read the manual(basically i read all the manuals of Eventide products) and it says that it can do it all!!!  Ofcourse, i think that it is mostly a studio processor, but i want to know the supported scales.

Thank you so much, Teo

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mysteriously, it has the same scales as the Eclipse.

Thodoris

Thank you very very much.Best support ever!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.