The new PitchFuzz algorithm is available for the H9 now!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes The new PitchFuzz algorithm is available for the H9 now!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant
      We just released a new version of the H9 software with accompanying new releases of H9 Control containing the PitchFuzz algorithm.

If you'd like to check out the new PitchFuzz algorithm, please install the latest version of H9 Control and update your H9 to the latest software.

Here's a quick guide we put together for updating your H9:

Bodde
      Participant

Cool! will try it out this week for sure. Any promo videos?

hlaricca

The update is failing both from a computer and ios device. It starts, but then there is always a connection error after a few percentage points of the update being transferred. It sometimes even fails while it is clearing up space for the update.

gkellum
        Participant
        hlaricca wrote:

The update is failing both from a computer and ios device. It starts, but then there is always a connection error after a few percentage points of the update being transferred. It sometimes even fails while it is clearing up space for the update.

You're trying to install the update using Bluetooth?  There's a known issue where this can happen using some iOS devices to update an H9.  Could you try to update using USB instead from your computer?

hlaricca
        gkellum wrote:

hlaricca wrote:

You’re trying to install the update using Bluetooth?  There’s a known issue where this can happen using some iOS devices to update an H9.  Could you try to update using USB instead from your computer?

I fixed it by forcing both the mac and ios device to completely forget the H9s and then repairing.

Still left with an issue where my H9 max has access to the Pithfuzz, but the H9  core on the same account does not have access to it.

gkellum
        Participant
        hlaricca wrote:

Still left with an issue where my H9 max has access to the Pithfuzz, but the H9  core on the same account does not have access to it.

Ok, as rhummellh mentioned below, you should be able to get PitchFuzz on your Core by using the Restore Purchases function.  If you click on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom menubar, you'll see the Restore Purchases function there.

Adamixoye
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

hlaricca wrote:

Ok, as rhummellh mentioned below, you should be able to get PitchFuzz on your Core by using the Restore Purchases function.  If you click on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom menubar, you’ll see the Restore Purchases function there.

This is not how previous updates have worked for my Max+Core combo, is something different this time?

gkellum
        Participant
        Adamixoye wrote:

This is not how previous updates have worked for my Max+Core combo, is something different this time?

No, nothing's changed. Basically, a Core or a Standard needs to sync with our server to have the algorithm installed on it.  I suppose we could be smarter about how this is handled in the app and have the app trigger this process without you needing to do anything.

skydog
      Participant

My update worked with my mac and USB. The error described above occurred when I first tried using Bluetooth. I cycled both my Max and Core off/on before trying again. Then it worked as designed (with USB).

peterfrequency
      Participant

Glad it has arrived! Installing new firmware now – thanks so much, look forward to checking it out (and curious what’s next too)

rhummellh
      Participant

Hit restore purchases on the H9 cores.
      I updated all 3 of my H9’s, one via Bluetooth and the other 2 via PC without any issues.
      Just got done playing all 36 Pitchfuzz presets.
      Freaking awesome. You guys rock! Thanks for the great sounds, really love them.

Adamixoye
      Participant

I could not update over iPad Bluetooth – consistent connection errors.  I was able to update over USB from a laptop.

I had my iPad forget both devices to try to reconnect.  Now I cannot connect by Bluetooth with either iPad or laptop.  It shows the devices, I enter the PIN (serial #, correct?), then it says the pairing is unsuccessful.

gkellum
        Participant
        Adamixoye wrote:

I had my iPad forget both devices to try to reconnect.  Now I cannot connect by Bluetooth with either iPad or laptop.  It shows the devices, I enter the PIN (serial #, correct?), then it says the pairing is unsuccessful.

That's a bummer but the software release didn't change the Bluetooth behavior in any way.  So, you'll just need to fiddle around until you get it working again.  What I'd do first is reset the system settings on your H9 by turning it off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear out your system settings but won't affect your presets.  Another thing to try would be to turn your iPad all the way off and then on again.

The H9 Control manual has some further tips for dealing with iOS Bluetooth connectivity problems:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

Adamixoye
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Adamixoye wrote:

That’s a bummer but the software release didn’t change the Bluetooth behavior in any way.  So, you’ll just need to fiddle around until you get it working again.  What I’d do first is reset the system settings on your H9 by turning it off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear out your system settings but won’t affect your presets.  Another thing to try would be to turn your iPad all the way off and then on again.

The H9 Control manual has some further tips for dealing with iOS Bluetooth connectivity problems:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

I asked about the PIN and serial # — I had forgotten that the PIN is only the last 4 digits of the serial #, not all 5, that was my issue.

Bodde
      Participant

Tried it and it is great. Absolutely love it! The fuzz is great. Also for bass. Pitch and delay is great for soundscaping. Love these combined algos.

Only thing I miss is a dry/wet control for the pitch. The way it is now you can’t dial out the dry signal if you want only the octave up and no dry signal for example.

st.bede
      Participant

Pitchfuzz is awesome. Thank you Eventide 🙂

hendrik7

Why can’t Eventide make a fully polyphonic pitch shifter? 🙁 This beast of a unit I have (actually two) can’t even replace my humble PitchFork. Pretty disappointed to see yet another pitch algo that isn’t fully polyphonic.

Someone said the hardware is too old, or not powerfull enough. Is that true??

strayhorse45
      Participant

I love the new algo! I don’t usually use a lot of fuzz, but this has changed my mind about a lot of things! Amazing sounds! Thank you, as always for your hard work and attention to detail!

Adamixoye
      Participant

Is there any documentation on Pitchfuzz?  It seems fairly obvious except I don’t totally have my mind wrapped around the Group/Arp knob.

rhummellh
        Participant
        Adamixoye wrote:

Is there any documentation on Pitchfuzz?  It seems fairly obvious except I don’t totally have my mind wrapped around the Group/Arp knob.

rhummellh
      Participant

Info on the Pitchfuzz algorithm is in the new Algorithm v9 manual in download section. Hope that helps.

Adamixoye
      Participant

Thanks!

Mattxxxx

Best algorithm so far.  So much to play with.  And so much of it useful.  Can see myself selling off some more pedals as the H9 renders them redundant.  Worth the wait.  Still diving in, but spectacular stuff so far – massive thanks!

mr. limbic

I love this algo as I could implement it into a few songs immediately, except for one tiny gripe. The effect is really loud, which no biggy, just lower the output? But then, if I am using delay and pitch along with it, the mix is off for all the effects. Trying to find a meet in the middle solution somehow. Anyone else experience this?

Bodde
        Participant
        mr. limbic wrote:
        I love this algo as I could implement it into a few songs immediately, except for one tiny gripe. The effect is really loud, which no biggy, just lower the output? But then, if I am using delay and pitch along with it, the mix is off for all the effects. Trying to find a meet in the middle solution somehow. Anyone else experience this?

Not sure if I understand what you are saying. Do think the fuzz is too loud? If you raise the fuzz the signal becomes louder. But if you lower the output of the whole effect (right side of the screen on the in H9 control) the total get’s softer. The levels between the fuzz and the delay and pitch doesn’t change.

mistercharlie
      Participant

Yup, way too loud.

testuser171
        mistercharlie wrote:
        Yup, way too loud.

I agree.  I just got the H9 Core and added a half dozen algos and threw a bunch of random presets from them onto the pedal.  PitchFuzz is several factors louder than any other algo preset.

GuyWithEventide
      Participant

I’m loving the new algo.  The fuzz sounds great and alone is very useful.  Throw in the pitch and delay and we have a winner.

Thanks Eventide, you guys rock m/

gsking1
      Participant

Thank You Eventide.  I’m liking the new fuzz and appreciate your continued support.

mistercharlie
      Participant

I played a little more with it today and it sounds great. I still think it’s crazy loud, but the fuzz-only preset sounds fantastic. It even starts to sound ‘starved’ when the guitar signal fades, or the guitar volume is set low. Seriously thinking about taking my real fuzz off the board.

Lots of complaining in this thread so far, including me (!) but this really is an amazing algorithm. And free! Thanks very much, Eventide folks.

exiii
      Participant

This one is GOOD! Nice sounding fuzz and independent delay/pitches. Neat stuff!

Bass player.

One H9 took it like a champ, the 2nd H9 hiccupped several times, until I unplugged the MIDI cables and gave it another go.

smdouris

I almost dread updates. It never works correctly. Comm errors with IOS, failure to recognize usb, reinstall, power down, forget Bluetooth… every time it is something new and I can never recreate it. Ugh.

Adamixoye
        Participant
        smdouris wrote:
        I almost dread updates. It never works correctly. Comm errors with IOS, failure to recognize usb, reinstall, power down, forget Bluetooth… every time it is something new and I can never recreate it. Ugh.

I can’t remember the last time I got an update to work over Bluetooth.  USB has been fairly reliable though.

Boynigel
      Participant

had a small amount of time and just briefly breezed through all the presets and as always i’m hearing lots of possibilities and feeling inspired.  can’t wait to have more time to really dig in.  i’m glad Eventide is doing these algs that have multiple effects in them now.  i LOVE being maxed out.

mr. limbic

After a solid 2 days of messing with it I have decided it’s great. I figured out the volume thing and it works pretty well. I made a really dope Eric Johnson ish lead where heel down exp is a nice chorused & driven & delay sound, then toe down I get massive fuzz, thicker chorus, and less feedback on the delay. Sounds great. I found something else that is a qualm though. Can any of these pitch parts be used as a whammy? Doesn’t seem like i can get 100% wet with any of them. I have a song that uses fuzz > whammy > chorus > delay. Ideally this could do it perfectly…also when trying to setup this sound it seems the algorithm really lags with the expression pedal. Could this be a hardware or update issue? All my other algos work flawlessly. This one is just a little “latent.” I uploaded via Bluetooth and have done so with my other updates so it sure what could be wrong. Any feedback would be great, or if it’s meant to be this way then cool and I’ll work around it or at least know the limitations. I really dig the fuzz sound though, especially compared to Scuplt and Crushtation.

Bodde
        Participant
        mr. limbic wrote:
        I found something else that is a qualm though. Can any of these pitch parts be used as a whammy? Doesn’t seem like i can get 100% wet with any of them.

No it can’t do that. There no wet/dry for the pitch. That’s the only thing that is missing. The dry signal is always there. Maybe Eventide is going to add that?. I like to use only the the high octave with no dry signal but it is not possible. Also for Whammy like things.

brock
        Participant
        Bodde wrote:

mr. limbic wrote:
        I found something else that is a qualm though. Can any of these pitch parts be used as a whammy? Doesn’t seem like i can get 100% wet with any of them.

No it can’t do that. There no wet/dry for the pitch. That’s the only thing that is missing. The dry signal is always there. Maybe Eventide is going to add that?. I like to use only the the high octave with no dry signal but it is not possible. Also for Whammy like things.

From memory, but this should work:

• PITCH AMT  –  2.0 through 3.0
        • PITCH B  (and / or PITCH C)  –  set interval to taste
        • DELAY LEVEL –  Arp Wet 100%
        • DELAY 1 (and/or DELAY 2)  –  0 mS [TEMPO OFF] or NO DLY [TEMPO ON]

Bodde
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Bodde wrote:

mr. limbic wrote:

From memory, but this should work:

• PITCH AMT  –  2.0 through 3.0
        • PITCH B  (and / or PITCH C)  –  set interval to taste
        • DELAY LEVEL –  Arp Wet 100%
        • DELAY 1 (and/or DELAY 2)  –  0 mS [TEMPO OFF] or NO DLY [TEMPO ON]

Just tried this but it doesn’t work. The dry signal is always in the chain. When you set arp level to 100% (and delay off) there is no signal at all.

I wonder why the Pitch AMT is working in three stages? Pitch A,B,C is from 2.0 to 3.0. But you can just as well set pitch B and C off if you only want pitch A. So there is no reason to have a Pitch AMT in three stages? or am I missing something? What is the reaspn for the three stages?  Maybe this ‘knob’ could better be divided in a wet/dry knob or something…

brock
        Participant
        Quote:
        Just tried this but it doesn’t work. The dry signal is always in the chain. When you set arp level to 100% (and delay off) there is no signal at all.

I wonder why the Pitch AMT is working in three stages? Pitch A,B,C is from 2.0 to 3.0. But you can just as well set pitch B and C off if you only want pitch A. So there is no reason to have a Pitch AMT in three stages? or am I missing something? What is the reaspn for the three stages?  Maybe this ‘knob’ could better be divided in a wet/dry knob or something…  

Must be that my memory is failing.  Perhaps it’s a negligible 1 or 2 milliseconds … something that I often do to maintain separation between ‘voices’.  Stacked voices are more distinct with imperfect stacking.

I’ve grown quite fond of how the PITCH AMT control works.  It’s a unique way to get partial blends between voices.  For example, I have some peachy Hammond organ presets that blend in ‘drawbar’ harmonics.  PITCH AMT does force you into planning how you’re going to distribute the pitch-shifted voices.  Depending on what you’re after with the remaining interactive parameters, you may want PITCH A as your MicroPitch double, or PITCH C for a hint of 2 octaves above.

I have a bunch of presets to dump out here … if I ever get the time to consolidate them.  Heavy use of PITCH AMT … it may be easier to explain with some concrete examples to illustrate.

Nearht
      Participant

Havnt had a chance to work it all but so far it’s”far out man” giving away to goodwill two fuzz pedals. Probably throw in a couple guitars since I’m making the trip . Yea two small practice amps . Some bodies mom is gonna hate me lol.

ericlee

The algorithm is great and I might buy a 3rd H9 for a standalone stompbox for quick jams.

However, the beauty of the H9s is that I don’t have to balance patch volumes because I can leave them at unity.

The Fuzz control increases the output volume. Shouldn’t this parameter be unity gain so that you get more effect but not more volume?

Marcel
      Participant

Great new alg!! Updated my H9 Max via bluetooth ipad air 2, without any problem. I was a bit sceptical beforehand cause I don’t like a heavy pitched sound and a crazy fuzz sound, but this algo really is very good! The fuzz and the pitch are very tweakable and sound great. Also great that there is delay in it.

Some people here think the algorithm is too loud, and indeed it is loud, but I don’t have a problem with that aspect. I simple use the volume slider in H9 Control to adjust it to my preferences. It is not an issue for me.

Thanks Eventide for this great new algorithm! And for the great support you guys do.

I sold my preamp (and this is not a joke), PitchFuzz completely suits me and additional devices are not needed.

chadwhipped
      Participant

After the update even with updated software I still don’t have pitchfuzz for free? What’s goin on I had the basic H9 is that why? Did I need the Max to get this for free?

gkellum
        Participant
        chadwhipped wrote:
        After the update even with updated software I still don't have pitchfuzz for free? What's goin on I had the basic H9 is that why? Did I need the Max to get this for free?

Yes, PitchFuzz is free for Max owners, but it's a $20 in app purchase if you have a H9 Standard or H9 Core.

Nightletters

Is there anyway, via the pedal, to turn on/off or adjust the gate settings for a particular algorithm?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The new PitchFuzz algorithm is available for the H9 now!’ is closed to new replies.