The Reverb 2016 Princeton does not support midi I/0 program changes and expression pedal controlling?

Home Forums Products Rackmount The Reverb 2016 Princeton does not support midi I/0 program changes and expression pedal controlling?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant

I apologize for the wait. Your problem got escalated from support to one of the product developers.  Our support people should have let you know that this was happening, but in any case, someone is looking into MIDI issues you described on your post.

20sixteen
        gkellum wrote:

I apologize for the wait. Your problem got escalated from support to one of the product developers.  Our support people should have let you know that this was happening, but in any case, someone is looking into MIDI issues you described on your post.

to g kellum

Escalation is not the right way to get an true solution but buddine and me are very impressed about your bow tie.

20sixteen
        20sixteen wrote:

gkellum wrote:

to g kellum

Escalation is not the right way to get an true solution but buddine and me are very impressed about your bow tie.

Thank you to the support team to looking for a solution and get me support !

20sixteen

and the eventide support doesn’t support me since 8 days, even though i got a support ticket and i will be a new customer ! 🙁

Can somebody help me ?

I need a manual btw. detail information about the Reverb 2016 system settings wich is not available on the eventide webside.

The Reverb 2016 quick guide and the additionally doc say nothing in detail about it.

If i hit the Reverb 2016 “System” button following appears in order and will shown in the numerical display:

1x – “inp” (analog input selection)

2x – “64P”???? blinking in changing with “rL4” ????

3x – “Ch” (1-16 /all, assign the receive midi channel)

4x – “dC” (Dump Current ?)

5x – “dA” (Dump All ?)

6x – 1.3.0 ???????? (system version ?)

7x – 1.0.1 ???????? (system version ?)

This results are not the same as the quick guide say. The quick guide described superficial only 4 system parameters.

1x Midi Channel

2x Dump Current Program

3x Dump all Programs

4x Operating System Software Version

My 2016 Problems :

Decrypt and understand the “system” settings

The Reverb 2016 doesn’t receive program changes from my midi controller ( Midi Mate from Rocktron) PCM 90 + Patch Mate + Intellifex received it.

How could i change the program places with an midi foot controller ?

If i connect my expression pedal on the backside foot pedal interface the Reverb 2016 do nothing.

I used the FC-7 Yamaha expression pedal. This particular pedal connects to the Foot Controller jack of a synthesizer using a stereo phone plug.

but its sister model—the FC9—also functioned as a volume pedal into which the synth’s stereo (line) output could be directly input.

https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/contents/music_production/synth_40th/history/column/controller/index.html

Maybe the FC-7 Yamaha expression pedal is not compatible to 1/4 TRS phone jack, so i need eg. the FC 9 wich could connect to an sereo (line) output, right ?

What can i control on the “Software-programmable footswitch/pedal connector” ? Only Bypass + Kill ?

If i connect my expression pedal on my midi controller ( Midi Mate from Rocktron) the CC Assignment works as described. So i can change the parameter values with the FC-7  (FC7 expression pedal > in_midi mate_out > midi in Reverb 2016). But the current values are not shown in the numerical display during adjustment with my pedal. In the opposite the parameter changes with the potentiometer will show the current value in the numerical display.If the parameter range is programmable eg. from value 23-73 it makes no matter, but i can’t or ?

The Reverb 2016 parameter value range in translation to my expression pedal range works in low resolution.I missing the feature to adjust the parameter value range to get an high resolution pedal way to control the exact values by expression pedal in live situation.

Are my described Reverb 2016 problems are intended, is the device broken or doing i am something wrong ?

Is there a solution in sight to handle the Reverb 2016 by Princeton Digital as live device control by midi controller and expression pedal ?

best greeting

jan

floresp640
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

I have been looking into your issue. The Reverb 2016's MIDI is limited to saving presets. We apologize for the inconcvenience and we would love to keep supporting you on this issue. Please email me at Pflores@eventide.com so we can further discuss a solution.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.