TIme Factor does its own things

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TIme Factor does its own things

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      karharias
      Participant

My Time Factor starts to doing its own things.
      I bought it back in 2015 and from the first day I noticed that something is wrong with the first button, the “Active” button. I used to play with many pedals and I was using the EFX MKIII as a pedal swither, also connecting with midi for changings banks on the TimeFactor, so I did not deal further with this problem.

Now I have go in a small board with few pedals. I started playing with the TimeFactor itself and notice that the first button is even worse that I remembered. I push it and sometimes doesn’t work. I hear the click sound while pressing it but it doesn’t work all the time. The worst think is that sometimes it shows that the preset is OFF but you still hearing the delay played at back and it gives me an unlimited feedback! It sound nice, but it isn’t, you cannot control the sound, to avoid this I have to press the second button, the “Active” button”, to turn the second preset of the bank on and off. I mean you have to change the preset to stop the unlimited feedback. This happened only in the 1st preset of the bank, whatever the bank it is.

As if that wasn’t enough the bigger problem is that while you play suddenly the pedal starts to doing its own things, like changins the settings from the second delay feedback, or the settings of the speed or the filter. Υou see the indications on the screen change by themselves, also you can hear them.

I use a WD40 contact cleaner to every pot or jack connector, and I noticed that it calmed down. I assumed it would be pot dust, but it continues to do so, to a lesser extent, but still doing these stuff.

Has this happened to anyone else, if so how do I deal with it?

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Honestly it seems like it’s time to contact Eventide support for service.

karharias
      Participant

Thank you, will do. For now I search for a solution and found this thread, didn’t notice this before..

Timefactor is Glitching / Going Crazy – HELP!

Try the solution they suggest, very easy to do. Now I’ll check it again.
      The problem with the active button still remains, for sure manufacturing problem.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Thank you, will do. For now I search for a solution and found this thread, didn’t notice this before..

Timefactor is Glitching / Going Crazy – HELP!

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Timefactor is Glitching / Going Crazy – HELP!” — Eventide Audio” src=”https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/timefactor-is-glitching-going-crazy-help/embed/#?secret=SmAuhoS5pz#?secret=sc2hToRBFv&#8221; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”sc2hToRBFv”></iframe> Try the solution they suggest, very easy to do. Now I’ll check it again.The problem with the active button still remains, for sure manufacturing problem.

Sure seems like what you’re describing. I suppose when you were using your switcher to control the unit the mere fact you weren’t stepping on it kept this loose connection from causing the glitching. While you’re in there I would look around for any other bad connections, etc.. Good Luck!👍

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.