- This topic is empty.
August 23, 2008 at 6:14 am #105791boeklanoeiMember
Since there are many H8000 users and many people who have got a futurtive and serious interest in purchasing one, I thought that I would be a serious good idea for developing a good and clear Tutorial/ video demonstration with all the features of this powerfull beast.
It also would be a very smart and logical step for the following reasons:
* Product presentation for (futurtive) costumers.
* Tutorial/ video manual
* Marketing stragical tool for the International market.
* Extra way of making money (tutorial selling)
* more product value
* A good visual answerd on those many questions in forums.
Just a sugestion from my side of vieuw. Hopefully there is someone from Eventide who can do something with my tip. For the Eventide Developing Group.
Best Regards and wishes.
August 23, 2008 at 4:39 pm #117789SPOTSMember
That would be a great idea. However I would expect it to be a free service for registered users, as most companies do, as it"s more of an extension of the user guide itself. It surely could be for sale to non-registered users too.
In my case (I don't have any Eventide product yet… am about to buy one shortly) I would definitely have bought this kind of resource to learn more of the products features before I give all the money away.
August 23, 2008 at 7:57 pm #117790TidesNMember
It might up to the community users. Someone who would do it and receive our appreciation or donations for the hard work. I just ordered the H8000FW and when it arrives I am sure to be lost in the manual for a very long time before I can actually be musical with the hardware. Don't know much about the Eventide company other than it is a great hardware developer…. maybe they don't do in-depth tutorials…hmmm?
August 24, 2008 at 6:08 am #117791Sonic NomadParticipant
I think it's a great idea and this has been mentioned in the past on Eventide Groups.
There are a couple issues at play here;
- Some people would want tutorials on using their unit in a guitar rig.
- Others in a studio production environment.
- others in a live / front of house environment.
- As there are currently several units on the market you'd have to replicate some tutorial and customize them to each unit.
- How deep would the tutorials go? Imagine trying to cover 40% of the H8000 alone – that would be one big library of videos. 🙂
This would be a mammoth task and to my knowledge, it is more often 3rd party vendors who produce Video tutorials. Then there's the market share thing – just how many people would buy this? Is it really worth the initial investment for a training company to consider producing a range of video tutorials for the Eventide range?
Personally I'd rather that Eventide focus on what they are good at – Taking Us To The Next Level – and not sit around trying to make videos.
Now don't get me wrong; I'm all for a product presentation of the products and also believe that it will be beneficial to prospective clients.
I too believe that some 3rd party training would be great!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.