Tracking vocals with the H9000?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Tracking vocals with the H9000?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Miklo

For the longest time I have been looking for a way to track vocals into my DAW with customized delays, pitch-shifting and harmonies. Of course with plug ins the latency makes this impossible.

Would the h9000 let me track vocals into my daw? Or do the vocal effects require a stereo source and made for mixing rather than tracking?

I use Logic PRO X.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hi Miklo,

Thanks for the interest in the H9000.  To answer your questions:

Yes, the H9000 will allow you to track vocals with effects processing directly into your DAW.  One of it's design goals was to make sure it could work with artists and musicians, in a live environment, in real time.

Routing on the H9000 is extremely flexible.  You can route a mono source, like your vocals, and send it to one mono effect. In an extreme example, you could mult that one channel 128 ways and send it to 16 different effects, each with 8 inputs!  This may sound a bit daunting but pages 6 through 9 in the User Manual go over key H9000 effects concepts and terminology:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9000UserManual.pdf  

To run vocals through the H9000 you will need a mic preamp as it only accepts line level.  Although, with the H9000's three I/O expansion ports, we may make a mic preamp card in the near future.

I hope this helps!

Miklo

Ok, just to clarify. Let’s say in tracking vocals and I want to track with reverb, delay and some micro pitch shift. If im tracking through the h9000, are you saying I could only track with one of those effects at a time? I couldn’t track with all 3?

Given To Fly
      Participant

h9controller is saying you can track with all 3.

The examples given represent both ends of the H9000’s “spectrum of possibilities.”  Your needs lie near the conservative end of the spectrum. Also, you will need your own microphone preamp because the H9000 only has Line-Inputs as standard analog I/O. If I am wrong, they will correct me. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.