Tri Stereo Chorus request for H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tri Stereo Chorus request for H9

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      toddmunderwood
      Participant

Request for a Tri Stereo Chorus Algo for the H9 similar to the Fulltone Terc reissue….

brock
      Participant

Interesting thought.  It hasn’t been Eventide’s style to do direct emulations.  That said, it seems like all of the components would be available.  The key parameters to expose would be individual Depths over the three LFO phases, and maybe a Hi-Cut filter simulating analog(ue).  Here’s a similar take from FTT on the LFO structure:

This makes me wonder how the lush chorus in SpaceTime is configured, albeit with fewer exposed controls.  It sounds to me like multiple phases of an LFO waveform, especially at slower Rates.  SpaceTime has become one of my go-to algorithms for chorusing effects, with or without the delays, reverb, and routing options.

jrakarl
      Participant

I’ve been wondering about this on the H9 as well.  It’s tough to find an FX processor with three delay lines and phase adjustment on each.

It would be fabulous if Eventide provided the facility in the H9 – I can’t think of an algorythm currently available that provides this function in the H9.

brock
      Participant

This particular request (sort of) fits in as a subset of another recent FR:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-algorithm-request

mjahoger
      Participant
      daviddb
      Participant

And a thing of beauty it is!  Just loaded it up, hit an open G and am in love 🙂

brock
      Participant

As much as I’ve wanted to, I just haven’t been able to try this out yet.  Looks intriguing.  And named after my favorite dinosaur.  Not only a 3X chorus, but a semi-mysterious Chorale mode.  Plus (and yes, minus) 40 cent detuning.  3 LFOs & 2 envelope controls.  And how about those crazy-long delay times (for a “chorus”)?  Thicker than fiddlers in Hell; you can be sure.  And I can already see a wide range of FX, from subtle to extreme.

mjahoger
      Participant

Yes. It is lovely indeed. Combining this new algorithm with the SpaceTime in my second H9 is basically all I need (although a multi-tap delay with control over the individual modulation line and panning would be very welcome still!).

Can someone explain me what the difference is between the chorus and chorale mix? Listening to the difference, it seems it changes the phase of the modulated delay lines. Am I correct?

davebrubaker
      Participant

It’s a really nice sounding algo. The Eventide team really brought it. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Bodde
      Participant

Ok great a Trichorus algo. Thanks Eventide!

Hopefully it will do the Michael Landau 80’s sound. Can’t wait to to try it out!

UncleEustace
      Participant

LOVE IT.

can’t wait for Brock’s take on this!

toddmunderwood
      Participant

Thanks guys for finally doing a Tri Stereo Chorus – do you need my address to send me a free pedal for suggesting it lol?

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff
      mjahoger wrote:
      Yes. It is lovely indeed. Combining this new algorithm with the SpaceTime in my second H9 is basically all I need (although a multi-tap delay with control over the individual modulation line and panning would be very welcome still!).

Can someone explain me what the difference is between the chorus and chorale mix? Listening to the difference, it seems it changes the phase of the modulated delay lines. Am I correct?

Glad to hear folks are enjoying it.

Chorale mode adds 2 additional fixed rate LFOs to each voice’s modulation, one fast and one slow. (So each voice is now modulated by 3 oscillators!) The fast one adds some shimmer and the slow one adds some low level swirl.

Also, in chorale mode the delay for each voice is inversely related to the depth. As you turn up the depth for a voice, its delay gets shorter. This lets you space out the delays in time, etc. (in chorus mode, the delay knob sets the minimum delay—this is good for dialing in stompbox style choruses)

brock
      Participant
      UncleEustace wrote:
      LOVE IT.

can’t wait for Brock’s take on this!

I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I’m still buried in the Vibrato options.  Might be some stuff that can be done in other algorithms, but one of the many effects to be mined in Tricerachorus.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.