UltraShifter Autocorrect tweaks?

Home Forums Products Rackmount UltraShifter Autocorrect tweaks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      philjochum

Hi, gang.

I'm trying to dial in #5611 (H8000fw 5.3) for use in a live environment, but wide vibratos are making the result bounce around quite a bit and sound 'choppy.'  I slowed it down to >200 ms, which alleviated some of the artifacts, but they're still around.  I've played with the 'hyst' and 'range' parameters, but I still can't nail down exactly what they're accomplishing.  Anyone have some good tips?

Also, I read somewhere about a glitch in the UltraShifter patches where a user stored the factory patch to a user file, and a lot of the artifacts cleared up.  As Murphy would have it, I can't find that thread to save my life. If someone could validate that for me, I'd appreciate it.

Finally, does anyone know if there's enough horsepower to process more than one UltraShifter stream on a single engine?  If not, is there another autocorrect module I could use instead?  I'd be happy with two channels, on a single DSP, but four would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

~Phil

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

philjochum:

Also, I read somewhere about a glitch in the UltraShifter patches

Load the preset, go into the Patch Editor, insert a small module, then delete it and exit the Patch Editor. Save the preset.

This bug is fixed in the forthcoming V5.5.

philjochum:

Finally, does anyone know if there's enough horsepower to process more than one UltraShifter stream

Ultrashifter is pretty demanding. If all you need is autocorrect you can probably get by with a DIATONIC. You can usually get a number of these per dsp.

philjochum

Thanks, Nick!

Any chance you can also comment on the hyst and range parameters?

~Phil

philjochum

Anyone out there to lend additional information on the 'hyst' and 'range' parameters?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Phil – I was leaving this one for Italo. But, from the Ultrashifter documentation:

hysteresis: Controls how much the pitch may move outside the range of the current
      note before the current note is changed to reflect that pitch.
      Hysteresis can prevent
      the oscillating between adjacent notes that can occur when the pitch is in
      between two notes. Notes are typically 100 to 200 cents apart so 50 cents of
      hysteresis would allow
      the pitch to wander a lot before a higher or lower note was
      recognized.

range: Controls the smallest error in pitch that will be corrected – if the
      pitch deviates from a true note by less than this amount, no correction will be
      made. This value may be used to let vibrato through or to enable correction only
      on notes that are badly out of tune

philjochum

Nick,

Thanks so much.  Hope you enjoy your weekend.

~Phil

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.