Ultratap Ultraswell in h9000 – CHOP bug?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Ultratap Ultraswell in h9000 – CHOP bug?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      luedmo
      Participant

Ultratap Ultraswell
      …on the h9 works great – with MIX at 100% and using the CHOP set at Swell 5

Same Algo, same Preset on the h9000: the CHOP button setting “Swell 0” through “Swell 9” and “Trigger 1” to “Trigger 3” allow no sound through. Can only think the sensitivity settings might need a tweak at some point? All the other CHOP settings work as per normal (I think).

Thanks
      :L

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

I just tried out the “Ultraswell” preset on the H9000 and I am not experiencing these issues. I think you may not be driving the algorithm hard enough trigger the swell/gate and hear the effect, can you try bumping up the input gain a bit and seeing if that works for you?

luedmo
      Participant

Thanks,
      I also thought that sensitivity might be the issue, it’s weird because the h9 Ultraswell works just fine as well as all the other Algos
      fwiw – my guitar is going into a SynergyAmps SYN2 with Balanced outputs > h9000 analogue XLR inputs. I also have it all hooked up over ADAT with a MH2882+dsp box – which works great. My db25 analogue connection needs some TLC, so far not used)
      I will test it and get back to you – hopefully we find the solution which can help other users

ps: while we are on the subject of sensitivity doe you have a good URL about the ADSR and Envelope settings on the “SHAPE” knob for say Chorus?

luedmo
      Participant

thanks tbskoglund!
      It works with more boost (like +7dB approx)
      I’ll check all my gain structure, but as I am already  hitting -6dB on that VU I’m already quite near the top
      Also, to mentiuonb that my PitchFuzz comes before the Ultraswell (with a -5dB cut on its i/o settings) then Ultraswell again doesn’t react
      Going back to my other post (about saving i/o settings inside the Algo preset regardless of Bypass Tails)… this still has me wondering.
      If I find out anything more out I’ll let you know

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Glad to hear that works for you, I need to boost the input as well (or play very hard). You can just boost the input of the UltraTap algorithm itself, not the FX Chain’s input gain. Or, in the above example you could try boosting the output of the Chorus algorithm.

luedmo
      Participant

Thanks

You mean adjusting this dial?

luedmo
      Participant

…and with the image
      “You can just boost the input of the UltraTap algorithm…”

So we have to adjust the i/o of IN GAIN and OUT GAIN and use MAP to return to 0dB when the BYPASS is switched in.
      There must be a way to do this without all that MAPPING…
      (in hope)

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Yes, I am referring to the IN GAIN parameter. It’s up to you if you want to always map the gain to return to 0 when bypassed with your configuration. When I am using this, the gain increase is not making that noticeable of a difference. If the higher signal is an issue for you, you can decrease the output of your FX Chain. Or you can set UltraTap’s IN GAIN to +6 and OUT GAIN to -6, and this should balance things out without additional mapping.

luedmo
      Participant

Thanks for the help! 🙂
      This should work nicely, and I see that the i/o settings seem to be saved, even though a BYPASS does not bypass the i/o
      Best

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.